Sox @ Jays - 8/6

Heads22

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:08 AM)
Are you really that much more comfortable with Ozuna at the hot corner?

I'd imagine Alex will be out there, who knows. And no, it ain't pretty with Pablo there either. Problem is that Mack thinks he's a goalie over there.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:35 AM)
I'd imagine Alex will be out there, who knows. And no, it ain't pretty with Pablo there either. Problem is that Mack thinks he's a goalie over there.

Cintron is a much better option.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:06 AM)
I believe we're 0-5 in the finale of a 3-game series after taking the first two. We need to sweep these guys.

weve swept the tigers royals twins angels A's reds and cardinals this year

QUOTE(Balance @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 11:26 AM)
Anybody know what Crede's status is? I was a bit worried when he came out of yesterday's game.

Nothing too serious, but he won't be playing today and possibly tomorrow for precautionary reasons.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

Third baseman Joe Crede left Saturday's game after four innings and two at-bats when his back stiffened up again. He will be held out of Sunday's lineup and is questionable for Monday's game against the Angels.

"I can't see being out too long," Crede said.

During his second at-bat Saturday, Crede fouled off two pitches that hurt his back, which has given him problems off and on for two seasons.

"He's stiff," manager Ozzie Guillen said. "Playing on this [artificial] grass, he has been playing every day, on hot days. He said he could play through it but I don't want to take any chances."

Series Records Overall:

White Sox:

Game 1: 23-13

Game 2: 24-12

Game 3: 15-17

Game 4: 3-1

Blue Jays:

Game 1: 19-17

Game 2: 22-14

Game 3: 12-20

Game 4: 4-2

The Blue Jays don't fare well in game 3's, at least the White Sox are close to .500 in game 3's. The Blue Jays are also 5-12 on Sundays in the past 17 games. The White Sox are 11-7 on Sundays in the past 18 games. I have a good feeling (as if it matters) that the Sox will do well, especially with Contreras out on the mound vs. the head case Burnett.

Edited by soxunited

QUOTE(SoxRock05 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 10:24 AM)
Why are Canadian Games played @ :07 times. In U.S. We play usualy 7:05, 3:05, 12:35...ect. They are on the :07's, i know it doesnt matter, but i just thought that looked weird.

So they can sing O' Canada, eh?

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
So they can sing O' Canada, eh?

I think it's because being farther North and closer to the Sun it makes their clocks run faster so at :07 in Canuck land it is really :05 at MLB Hqs where the official baseball clock is kept. :P

We just have to make Burnett throw a ton of pitches and then get into the burned out bullpen from yesterdays game. Burnett is a strikeout pitcher so lengthy AB's are more than likely. He won't last more than 5. Contreras just has to keep up the SP turnaround.