Sox @ Jays - 8/6

Heads22

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
why the hell can't we complete these sweeps, even with our best pitcher goin....SOAB

Garland pitched in game 1 of this series. You can throw out the ERAs for all of our pitchers. Jon is clearly our best guy now.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
southsider here in peace

anyone else think its BS that some Islamic hacker hacked a White Sox forum??

Wouldn't be the first time. Sox sites must hate Turkey.

It's seriously getting to the point where I wouldn't mind a new manager in the offseason. Or maybe create a new position, Pitching Manager. Let Ozzie keep his job so people don't freak out BECAUSE HE WON TEH WORLD SERIES OMGZ!

Enough is enough, we've lost an unbelievable amount of games because of bag managing. Now, I'm not saying we would have won all of these games, but Ozzie's bad managing has put so many of them completely out of reach.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
How the gosh darn was this game Ozzie's fault? It's Ozzie's fault Iguchi doesn't have the range to get to that softly hit ball? It's Ozzie's fault Iguchi had a mental fart and didn't throw home?

You're reaching at best, here.

I was saying in general that Ozzie shows no urgency if we're losing. Catalanotto rarely faces lefties, and they don't have anyone dangerous on the bench to come up in that situation. I'd rather take my chances with Cotts against Cat instead of a tired Contreras against someone who always gives us problems. Please don't get me started though on our team speed/defensive range.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
Yes bring him in with a runner in scoring position against one of the best hitters in the league...or let him start the inning against the spiff of the order...HMM

Your more than welcomed to go and ask for the job, since you think to know what move to make on every situation that the Sox are in.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
Garland pitched in game 1 of this series. You can throw out the ERAs for all of our pitchers. Jon is clearly our best guy now.

At this point W's are all that matter. Individual stats need to be thrown out the window. We need to do whatever's possible to win every game.

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:19 PM)
It's seriously getting to the point where I wouldn't mind a new manager in the offseason. Or maybe create a new position, Pitching Manager. Let Ozzie keep his job so people don't freak out BECAUSE HE WON TEH WORLD SERIES OMGZ!

Enough is enough, we've lost an unbelievable amount of games because of bag managing. Now, I'm not saying we would have won all of these games, but Ozzie's bad managing has put so many of them completely out of reach.

FWIW, we're not losing this game because of Ozzie. We're losing it because only our 3-4-5 showed up on offense, and Jose Contreras just isn't the same pitcher he was during his great stretch. Also, our outfield defense is running in concrete today, and theirs is making some very nice plays.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
Your more than welcomed to go and ask for the job, since you know to think what move to make on every situation that the Sox are in.

:lol:

What would be the point of the game thread if we just sat here and acted like cheerleaders...Everyone questions managers, get over it.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
It's okay guys, we went 6 for 9 on this roadtrip, against two of the worst teams and then the best offense. Oh wait, did I mention the Tigers swept?

Who cares about the Tigers! This was a very good road series for us. If we can go over .500 during the next 2 weeks, we'll be in a good situation.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
Your more than welcomed to go and ask for the job, since you know to think what move to make on every situation that the Sox are in.

Half of us here could do a better job than Ozzie at managing the bullpen, period.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
I was saying in general that Ozzie shows no urgency if we're losing. Catalanotto rarely faces lefties, and they don't have anyone dangerous on the bench to come up in that situation. I'd rather take my chances with Cotts against Cat instead of a tired Contreras against someone who always gives us problems. Please don't get me started though on our team speed/defensive range.

Havent you heard? Cotts sucks now

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
Half of us here could do a better job than Ozzie at managing the bullpen, period.

I highly doubt that. The bullpen is not good, I dont see how half of you can manage to perform a miracle here.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
You dont have a clue, period.

Yes, and Ozzie made the right decision to leave a struggling Jose on the mound with 100 pitches. Oh wait, no he didn't, he gave up 2 more runs.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
It's okay guys, we went 6 for 9 on this roadtrip, against two of the worst teams and then the best offense. Oh wait, did I mention the Tigers swept?

We went 6 of 9 on a roadtrip where 2 of our 3 best hitters were aching and missed a handful of games. I'd say this roadtrip was a huge success, and as fathom said, who cares about the Tigers?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
The 5th run was on pitch number 112 for our starter who wasnt sharp, but Ozzie wanted to get him the victory instead of team. He started the inning off with over 100 pitches, after letting him throw 123 last game.

Next time Ozzie, just let the fishing reliever start the inning. How many fishing times have we been burned with X pitcher starting an inning late. He already gave up a big inning.

Nice game all around today.

The count made the perfect pitch to get him out, it was a good call by ozzie to leave him in. Those runs are on Goooch and Cintron for not letting him know the runner was coming home.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 12:23 PM)
Yes, and Ozzie made the right decision to leave a struggling Jose on the mound with 100 pitches. Oh wait, no he didn't, he gave up 2 more runs.

I would definitely have to agree with you on this one. Cotts SHOULD have came in to face Catalanatto. PERIOD

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
I highly doubt that. The bullpen is not good, I dont see how half of you can manage to perform a miracle here.

The bullpen isn't good? Well, since our starting pitching isn't very good, I don't know why they should even play then.