Sox @ Jays - 8/6

Heads22

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
Don't get upset when they have a point. Ozzie treats his starting pitchers like five-year-olds. As if them getting the wins makes the team play better than if a reliever gets the win instead. I'm waiting for Ozzie to break out the snacks and juice to make the starters feel better, because it's obviously more important to coddle your starting pitchers instead of using your brain.

I wanted him to quit saying the games are over. :P

How's Texas, btw?

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
the know it alls are wrong once again... what a great pen.

Yep, since there's no difference in going to the pen in a 4-3 game or a 6-3 game. Seriously, if you think our bullpen is so bad, then why should we even watch Sox games?

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
Would you prefer to have a bullpen say like the Indians or the Royals have?

No, like the Tigers... were are talking about the Sox here.. we are suppose to win, they are not? Try something else ...geez.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
the know it alls are wrong once again... what a great pen. Did you say something Willie?

Talk about reactionary whiners. It's one damn game. Get a grip.

Riske now has an ERA of 3.5 since coming over. WHAT AN UNRELIABLE beach

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
The twins have pulled to within a run. 4-3 KC

Wow, who didn't see that coming? lol.

Is that guy from AAA still pitching? Smith I think.

If he gets lit up some more Matt Garza will be on his way up to Minny..... :ph34r:

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 04:39 PM)
Phew, atleast we don't have to face Ryan now. We can get some on, get one in, and THEN face Ryan to kill our momentum.

they'll be facing bj for the full 9th - he'll kill it before it even gets started

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
I wanted him to quit saying the games are over. :P

How's Texas, btw?

Oh, thought you were talking about the bullpen management. It is funny how these 17 and 18-year-olds say they can manage better than big league managers. It's one thing to say that Ozzie can't manage the bullpen, but it's something else to say you or someone else can do it better.

Texas is hot as spiff right now, and the Roger Clemens jizzathon is back in full swing. Roger could give up a 500 ft home run and the announcers down here would still find a way to praise him. "Well partner, with any other pitcher that ball would have went 700 ft! Man, isn't the Rocket great? The Astros are almost to .500 now!" *high fives in the booth*

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
You do realize that's the last guy in our pen...

And? we need them to perform... why even have them on the team then.. he's our last guy in our pen, i dont think Kenny had the same thought process when he made the move.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)

Here is something that I keep reminding myself of.....We went 6-3 on this roadtrip.

After the awful stretch we went through, If you were to tell me were going to pull that off, I'd take it in a second.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
And? we need them to perform... why even have them on the team then.. he's our last guy in our pen, i dont think Kenny had the same thought process when he made the move.

Is this serious?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)

not bad for the last guy in pur pen... reactionary whiners is you and a bunch here.. just read some game threads and see how many lakes we could fill with all them tears resulting from the crying and whining.