Sox @ Jays - 8/6

Heads22

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
way too many mistakes by Jose today

He looks awful. He just isn't consistent with all these arm angles. Might I ask, is he another pitcher who's lost his velocity? He's been around 90 mph all game, with a few pitches in the 94 range. Earlier in the year, he was 95 a lot of the time.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
Pods weak arm allows the runner to score from 2nd.

He had no chance. However, this inning was just another example of how our outfield defense continues to give no support to our pitchers.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 11:20 AM)
He looks awful. He just isn't consistent with all these arm angles. Might I ask, is he another pitcher who's lost his velocity? He's been around 90 mph all game, with a few pitches in the 94 range. Earlier in the year, he was 95 a lot of the time.

He had no chance. However, this inning was just another example of how our outfield defense continues to give no support to our pitchers.

Jose does look awful today, hopefully he can turn it around quick, or the BP is going to have to win this one for us

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
Jose does look awful today, hopefully he can turn it around quick, or the BP is going to have to win this one for us

Jose's just leaving so many pitches over the heart of the plate. He was great last year/beginning of this year when he's throw fastballs in, and sliders/forkballs away. It seems like half of his pitches today our outside fastballs at 88 mph.

Can we get Jose throwing back the way he was before he decided to add another arm angle during his time on the DL. I dont know why we have a pitcher who dominates for a few months, then goes on the DL, has a great idea of introducing a new arm angle and hasnt been as dominant since. Maybe just maybe, we trash the arm angle and go back to what worked. He throws sidearm pretty much most of the time. His fastball is down from pre-DL levels. Get back to the over the top more then introduce the side arm here and there for effect.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
What is Jose's post-DL ERA? It's around 5 isn't it?

Whatever it is, I'm disappointed. Just when a couple other guys get it going, Jose sucks it up a bit. We cant seem to get every starter in a groove for an extended period

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 11:30 AM)
Let's go AJ, that is a huge run.

especially after Jose's piss poor inning

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 11:30 AM)
Ortiz hits #40 to give the Red Sox a 3-2 lead in the 5th.

ridiculous. Anytime Ortiz decides to go on the DL is fine with me