I can't take this anymore....

whitesoxfan101

....And although my sig says a lot of what I think, it's twofold. When our starter is good or decent, Ozzie leaves him in too long. But for the most part, our starters just suck. This is effin driving me crazy, and I'm getting to the point where I almost think it would be better for my mental health for us to miss the playoffs, rather than lose in October because of this crap.

SOMEBODY WAKE UP!! OZZIE, STARTERS, ANYBODY!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)
until he learns that, we will never see a World Series in chicago.

Last year he had 5 starters that could go deep into games, 4 studs. This year they just don't have it. It's his job to get them out before they implode. He just hasn't done a good job of that.

We are 0-1 on this 11 game homestand. We have to show up the next two series, or it could be season over...

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)
We are 0-1 on this 11 game homestand. We have to show up the next two series, or it could be season over...

Good...I honestly want this team to have this challenged. If they can't start beating good teams, then they might as well start planning their golf trips this offseason.

If the starters are fatiqued, its time the manager stops relying on them getting tough outs late, and uses the bullpen. He's used the bullpen less than any other manager this year. Leaving starters in 2 or 3 or 4 batters too long isn't going to raise their confidence and it isn't going to alleviate their fatique. Tonight, Ozzie had a horrible inning. Maybe it cost the Sox the game, maybe it didn't, but it sure did take any hope away.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
Somehow, we're still tied for the Wild Card lead. For the next two weeks, it's now or never for this team. Everyone has got to pick their games up, from the head man to the 25th guy on the roster.

its amazing we still control our destiny. However I think the team's mental health is teetering right now and if we get blown outa the water the rest of the week its over. BIG BIG BIG 2 series right here. To bad were going into it on some stupid ass loss that really was more the managers fault.

another name added to my sig

Feel free to add this too:

The Sox are done, finished, finito. The starting pitchers can't pitch, period and Ozzie has shown himself to be a horrible manager. He can't handle a pitching staff to save his life. With starting pitchers like this and a horrible manager like Ozzie, this team has ZERO chance of making it to the postseason. - August 7, 2006

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
Good...I honestly want this team to have this challenged. If they can't start beating good teams, then they might as well start planning their golf trips this offseason.

They should be looking for revenge. The Yankees embarassed us in New York. It's payback tomorrow.

until he learns that, we will never see a World Series in chicago again.

Fixed.

Do you really believe that because the Sox won it all in 2005, therefore everything Ozzie does for the rest of his career is right? One ring means that every decision he makes for the rest of his career is the right decision? In reality, Ozzie has some weaknesses. The biggest is that he can't make good in-game decisions to save his life. He doesn't know how to handle a pitching staff at all.

Hey, good news is that Blackhawk Hockey is right around the corner. Ruutu / Handzus / Havlat are going to be the r0xerz this year, you just watch...

No but seriously, I think this was the most frustrating game of the year. Damnit why the f*** did he not take Buehrle out...

Why the hell wasn't MB kicking the crap out of some water cooler in the dugout? He got s***ty calls in his last inning but he should have left the game with only three earned runs. It didn't even seem to phase him that he got fricked over half a dozen times in that last inning. Instead he balks. The guy has no passion. In fact this whole team seems to have lost its fight. They better shake that crap or they will not see the post season.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 01:57 AM)
No but seriously, I think this was the most frustrating game of the year. Damnit why the f*** did he not take Buehrle out...

You know expectations are high on here when almost every game has someone say how it was the most frustrating game of the year.

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 01:57 AM)
Why the hell wasn't MB kicking the crap out of some water cooler in the dugout? He got s***ty calls in his last inning but he should have left the game with only three earned runs. It didn't even seem to phase him that he got fricked over half a dozen times in that last inning. Instead he balks. The guy has no passion. In fact this whole team seems to have lost its fight. They better shake that crap or they will not see the post season.

Mark Buehrle has no passion? He might suck right now, but I wouldn't say he has no passion. Come on, he's the greatest lefty closer in World Series history. Anyways, he would have thrown a baseball at the water cooler, but that wouldn't have done any damage at 80 mph.