White Sox Loser

Butter Parque

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:42 AM)
Oh absolutely, right now I'd take Joe as well. But I don't think Crede is, or ever will be, in the same league as A-rod.

Thats basically what he said....which i have to agree....but of course me being stubbourn and the game tied 4-4 at that point i stuck with it as best that i could

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:42 AM)
Oh absolutely, right now I'd take Joe as well. But I don't think Crede is, or ever will be, in the same league as A-rod.

Here...we should settle this. Trade Garcia, Fields, and a few others for ARod, and then make him a SS next year.

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
Ooo, sorry, is that a swear violation? I didn't read the policy and haven't been psting in awhile.

????????

I'm so confused by what you mean by that?

Do you think I'm telling you you can't say he sucks? Cause I'm not, I was just telling you I highly disagree.

QUOTE(Dan Pasqua @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
sorry about that double post....but I watch every game and to me it seems Jim is good for a solo homer early in the game and thats it. I know his numbers indicate a great year but I just cant help myself from getting a sinking feeling when he comes up late in games. When I think of clutch I do not think of Jim Thome. I think of Joe Crede and Jermaine Dye. And there has to be a reason why I think these guys are and Jims not.

But i guess Im crazy if Im the only one who thinks he could come through a lot more late in games. Dont know what team im watching I guess.

There seems to be a good amount of people who also have this "feeling" about Jim, I at times admit that I feel it myself. But in all reality it is just not true, when you go back through the season the guy has been incredibly clutch, even as recently as last night in the 11th, what he did there is just one of those things that you don't normally remember.

I think the amount of times he's been K'd late in games by LOOGYs may be skewing some opinions here, those tend to stand out more than anything.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
Hawk repeats this line very often, stating that Ozzie would have won 2 World Series championships in his first two years if these guys didn't get injured.

Thanks. Aaah, the Hawk "if-onlys . . . " Haven't heard him in awhile.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:43 AM)
Here...we should settle this. Trade Garcia, Fields, and a few others for ARod, and then make him a SS next year.

i'd do that in a second as long as we could get jow a long term deal....

PK-Gooch-AROD-Crede....WOW.....OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH PIPE DREAMS

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:45 PM)
I think the amount of times he's been K'd late in games by LOOGYs may be skewing some opinions here, those tend to stand out more than anything.

Sorry guys.... can I get an official definition of LOOGY? I don't feel like looking it up right now...

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:46 PM)
No problem. Lets move on class . . .

Sounds good to me :P

Oh and if fathom is in here, i need to say i am so wrong with what i said in the game thread....i dont know what i was thinking for some reason i got it mixed up he was a lefty and he was hard on righties i don't know my head wasn't thinking straight in the heat of the moment

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:48 AM)
Oh and if fathom is in here, i need to say i am so wrong with what i said in the game thread....i dont know what i was thinking for some reason i got it mixed up he was a lefty and he was hard on righties i don't know my head wasn't thinking straight in the heat of the moment

Don't worry, I knew you knew what you meant. I'll forgive you.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:21 PM)
Maybe it's because the bullpen is so used to coming in with runners on? It's a LOT harder to pitch with a runner on first. MacDougal and Thorton always seem to do great when they come in to start the inning, but the runner on first/second/third seems to throw them off. They seem to focus on them, and then they make a bad pitch and let the guy score. I think if Ozzie would start the inning with the relievers, they'd be a lot better off.

That's a really good point.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:45 AM)
There seems to be a good amount of people who also have this "feeling" about Jim, I at times admit that I feel it myself. But in all reality it is just not true, when you go back through the season the guy has been incredibly clutch, even as recently as last night in the 11th, what he did there is just one of those things that you don't normally remember.

Maybe youre right. I guess when i mean clutch.I mean late in games (8th or 9th inning). A time when Crede and Dye come through. Cant remember a time when Jim's come through late in a game, but maybe he hasnt had opportunities. By all means, Im not Thome bashing, just sometimes this team reminds me of jerry Manuel teams and Jim reminds me of a member of that team. And I just dont want to go back to those times. Very one dimensional lately. But i guess I just get that feeling because our pitchers are terrible like they were back then.

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 04:53 AM)
This. Once you taste the shuga . . .

exactly how i feel and probably most others.....but i gotta say though that 5 spot problem almost gave me a corenery that season

Edited by DABearSoX