AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

fathom

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
It took forever, and it wasn't pretty, but that's 4 straight series wins now! Congrats to Javy for win #100.

they really battled against IMO the best team in the majors.......abreu is absolutely the toughest out ive seen all year, even tho brandon gave up the homer...it was a pretty good job by the pen tonight....against a less patient team i think javy has a little easier of a night, but ill take it....contreras is gonna need to eat some innings tomorrow

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:03 AM)
Big hats to Javy for grinding through 5. Did we see him turn a corner after the last two games? He had about 5 chances to crack and he strapped it down and didn't. He made me sweat but he pulled it out. Hats to Bobby tonight too.

yeah, gotta give props to guillen/coop tonight.....we are quick to dish it out on em, so we gotta give them their props when they do it right...i think they made all the right moves tonight

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
Great win, even though it got scary in the 9th. I was impressed with how Javy was able to get out of those jams.

That's about the only thing he did well. He made the pitches when he absolutely had to. That was the most inefficient 5 innings you'll ever see from a starter.

QUOTE($I Need Money$ @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:05 AM)
:headbang f*** YEAH JAVY WAY TO MAN THE f*** UP AGAINST THOSE f***ING ASSHOLES

f*** YOU AROD f*** YOU GIAMBI GET THE f*** OUTTA CHICAGO YOU PUSSY b****ES

WOOOOOOOOOOOO f*** YEAH GO WHITE SOX b****ES YEAH f*** YEAH!!!!

:gosox1: :gosox4: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox1:

nuke, is that you?

I'm thankful this series is over because this umpiring crew had a very tight strike zone.

Sure, it was equal for both sides, but I really thought Mussina ended an inning striking out Anderson. Fortunately for us, BA doubled later in that at bat and Pods drove him in with the winning RBI single.

Vazquez only went 5 innings but he was awesome tonight all things considering. Although I think the one thing thats been bothering me especially his last 2 nights is on some batters he seems to go non-stop outside. Although I guess so far it has worked against him but still would like to seem him go inside a little more.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:08 AM)
That was the first game in a long time that Javier Vasquez grew some balls. :cheers

He really battled out there. Ima still back you up and it isn't because your first name is the same as my brother. :)

So players can just grow balls from time to time? :P

Hell of a win. Damn near could have been a sweep, which would have been ridiculously awesome, but I think I'll take 2 of 3 from the Yanks.

QUOTE(shoota @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
I'm thankful this series is over because this umpiring crew had a very tight strike zone.

Sure, it was equal for both sides, but I really thought Mussina ended an inning striking out Anderson. Fortunately for us, BA doubled later in that at bat and Pods drove him in with the winning RBI single.

Not sure if I would call it tight but tonights was just terribly inconsistant. Up/down, in/out? Fishin ridiculous.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:09 AM)
Vazquez only went 5 innings but he was awesome tonight all things considering. Although I think the one thing thats been bothering me especially his last 2 nights is on some batters he seems to go non-stop outside. Although I guess so far it has worked against him but still would like to seem him go inside a little more.

Awesome? His WHIP had to be like 9.50 or something. He survived. That's it.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
BIG WIN. We played pretty bad all 3 games, so to get 2 of 3 from them despite that is huge. Detroit is coming in with a rare 2 game losing streak, maybe we caught them at a good time.

Both teams didn't play overall in the series. But this series reminded me a little of last year. Not pretty but we ground it out. Don't forget, Twice our starting pitchers allowed 4 or less. You do that consistantly, we can still win a lot of ball games.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
Awesome? His WHIP had to be something like 9.50 or something. He survived. That's it.

He did SURVIVE. And given the situations that he put himself in, he got the job done when he needed to. Against this very good Yankee lineup, SURVIVING is a very good case scenario.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 05:13 AM)
Awesome? His WHIP had to be something like 9.50 or something. He survived. That's it.

considering the lineup plus the umps inconsistent strike zone... And the fact that he pitched out of all those tough situations is what im giving him props for. Most pitchers in the same position give up a boat load of runs and we lose but he fought through it.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
considering the lineup plus the umps inconsistent strike zone... And the fact that he pitched out of all those tough situations is what im giving him props for. Most pitchers in the same position give up a boat load of runs and we lose but he fought through it.

I'll give him credit for making the pitches when he had to. I refuse to give him anymore credit than that. 6 hits, 6 walks and 111 pitches thrown in 5 innings is simply horrible.