AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

fathom

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
considering the lineup plus the umps inconsistent strike zone... And the fact that he pitched out of all those tough situations is what im giving him props for. Most pitchers in the same position give up a boat load of runs and we lose but he fought through it.

Yes he did. He made the pitches when he had to.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 11:25 PM)
If the Yankees hadn't committed all those errors we never would have won it. However it is a win and I'll gladly take it.

:D :gosox1: :cheers

All. part. of. the. game.

If Brandon hadn't put it on a platter for Cabrera then it wouldn't have been a nail biter.

Fielders make mistakes and its not a good win. Pitchers make mistakes and its a good win. Frustrating thing about baseball but thats the way it is.

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
All. part. of. the. game.

If Brandon hadn't put it on a platter for Cabrera then it wouldn't have been a nail biter.

Fielders make mistakes and its not a good win. Pitchers make mistakes and its a good win. Frustrating thing about baseball but thats the way it is.

Any win is a good win.

Well, let me just say that i hate Yankees fans for a whole new reason. I got kicked out of the game in the 6th for no reason. I'm sure no one wants to hear my "sob story" so ill stfu. Anyways while sitting in the security area i was just glad to see the sox win. GO SOX a win is a win.

well alright, sit down, and gather around the fire, this is a tale of yankee fans and how they suck.

I was sitting in section 537, row 21, anyways. Thru ought the course of the game I and my friend, started chants of Over-Rated For A-Rod, because all though he is amazing on fantasy teams, he truly is over-rated for 3rd basemen this year, considering Crede is lightyears ahead of him on both sides of the plate. Anyways aside from over rated; after he comitted the Error, i started calling him E5-Rod, Yankee fans in a local area started getting pissed, anyways name calling and penut shells from their behalfs led to me winding up in the security area, for doing nothing, aside for slinging taunts back at them & their team and drinking. I will admit there was foul language being exchanged but there were not any kids in the area.

Zer Lame

I used to have a distaste of ARod, but the way he went out of his way to make respectful comments to the Sox when his team swept us, and the way he's handled criticism from his own team's fans, has earned my respect.

ARod signed a ridiculous contract worth more than a quarter billion dollars, was represented by a scheming agent, was a little too polished with the media, was terrible in the clutch despite being the highest paid player in the game and supposedly the best, and John Kerry'd on which country he'd play for in the WBC, so there's been plenty of reason to boo him.

I guess I'm finally seeing the good in him like his willingness to give up millions to play for the winning Boston Red Sox, his willingness to move to a new position despite being a better fielder than the incumbent, and the way he refuses to publicly say anything negative about the fans that rip him daily (as far as I know).

The guy was/is seeing a therapist to work through his problems and I believe the poor guy loves the Yankees franchise so much and wants to retire a true Yankee legend, and it's got to pain him that fans don't think of him as a "true Yankee." ARod must be asking himself what more he has to do to become a "true Yankee" when he's already the best player in baseball. And through it all, he keeps a grounded attitude, agreeing with the fans who criticize him by saying he wants to do better.

I respect ARod's daily approach and classy style.

Edited by shoota

on a side note:

The people in the security area are extreamly nice, im sure they deal with things like this every home game, so no hard feelings to them.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
beautox? :hawk:

There's got to be some details left out.

lol yes very much so, but ill be back....Saturday.

QUOTE(shoota @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
The guy was/is seeing a therapist to work through his problems and I believe the poor guy loves the Yankees franchise so much and wants to retire a true Yankee legend, and it's got to paign him that fans don't think of him as a "true Yankee." ARod must be asking himself what more he has to do to become a "true Yankee" when he's already the best player in baseball. And through it all, he keeps a grounded attitude, agreeing with the fans and saying he wants to do better.

It's a shame then. Even if A-Rod plays like 10 more years with the Yanks, I (and other people I know) will always see him (and Griffey) as Mariners.

if people here on sox talk don't want to believe me so be it.

Personally I don't think I left anything out; I said "aside for slinging taunts back at them & their team and drinking. I will admit there was foul language being exchanged but there were not any kids in the area." eat s***, is under that if im not mistaken.

Nice to take some momentum into the Detroit Series.

The guys are starting to respond, and I still get the feeliong the Tigers lead is catchable. Anything can happen still.

Not one of Vaz's greatest outing, but anytime you can only get him to give up 2ER albeit in 5IP, you'll probably take, especially against the Yanks offense.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 01:09 AM)
Nice to take some momentum into the Detroit Series.

The guys are starting to respond, and I still get the feeliong the Tigers lead is catchable. Anything can happen still.

Not one of Vaz's greatest outing, but anytime you can only get him to give up 2ER albeit in 5IP, you'll probably take, especially against the Yanks offense.

agreed, blue looked to be squeezing both sides tonight, for everyone who watched at home is that true? i rememer watching Thornton getting squeezed, one pitch low and at the knees would be a strike, and the next would be a ball??? anyways glad to see the sox take the series, i truly don't think the sox are playing bad baseball, i just think the tigers are playing amazing baseball, hats off to them, maybe by seasons end i will be eating a plate of crow served cold.

FWIW here are some splits on Detroit's starters since the ASB;

Miner - 6.57 ERA

Rogers - 8.34 ERA

Bonderman - 4.70 ERA

Robertson - 5.45 ERA

Verlander - 1.82 ERA

It will be very interesting to see how Verlander's arm holds up tomorrow as well. Those stats above shows how IMPORTANT he will be to their rotation down the stretch.

Javy's problem ALL night starting in the first inning was that he was working so F'N slow. i seriously turned to my group tonight at the game and said, we're in for a LONG night. nice win. no homers for us. javy gets the win but it was not a quality start. espicially that our bullpen had to pitch 4 innings AND we got the tigers tomorrow/tonight whatever.