That's B.S.

mmmmmbeeer

With FOX, it shouldnt be a big deal. They should just have an MLB Extra Innings w/FOX package. FOX has no problem taking money for the NFL Sunday Ticket.

I'm glad I get the U, but I'd much rather be able to watch the game in HD at my buddy's...

PS, the title of this thread should have been changed to, "That is TOTAL B.S!"

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
The WCIU issue will be cleared up for next season, so says Selig.

That's great news.

The other major issue they need to deal with, and maybe it's just a problem with my cable provider, but they use the same set of channels for the Extra Innings package as they do for the hockey package. So early on in the MLB season when it overlaps with hockey season, there are routinely far less than all 10 channels devoted to baseball. As a result (and it seemed especially bad this year) another 2-3 Sox games per week weren't shown. It's $150. Give me what I paid for.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 01:04 PM)
This is a bigger issue then is made of it, IMO. If you pay for it, you should get it, PERIOD.

I just know one thing...I pay 150 bucks (or whatever the early bird price is) I should be able to get every freaking Sox game I want to see. Better yet, if the games are in high def, I think they should find a way to make the high def feed available to everyone (I can dream can't I).

Either way, one of the biggest games of the year on a Friday and its not available, total bust.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
I really don't think it's the biggest series of the season.

It has to be. We have one final shot at making the division a race. It may not be the biggest series of the season, but up until this point it is. We'll have plenty more series that loom large as the season gets closer and closer to the end.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
It has to be. We have one final shot at making the division a race. It may not be the biggest series of the season, but up until this point it is. We'll have plenty more series that loom large as the season gets closer and closer to the end.

Basically every series from here on out is the biggest series of the year.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)

When you're back 8.5 games in the division, I would say series against the more immediate threats to our playoff spot are bigger (Twins, Red Sox, Yankees). Twins coming into town next weekend will be a much bigger series.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 11, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
When you're back 8.5 games in the division, I would say series against the more immediate threats to our playoff spot are bigger (Twins, Red Sox, Yankees). Twins coming into town next weekend will be a much bigger series.

I still say you go for the division. We have too many games left against the Tigers to call it quits. Not to mention, if we can go after the Tigers its just one team we have to pass as opposed to having to compete with numerous teams in the wild card race.

You always go for the division first and until we are completely out of that race, the biggest games are those against the team or teams that are ahead of you. In that case that would be the Tigers. With a series win (or even better a sweep) and we find ourselves in a great position.

I have mlb.tv and todays game was definetly on. so I can't say I was disapointed. Plus I'm in st. louis on sat. instead of nashville and get to see the sox again (thank god its all east/west coast teams on fox tomorrow) so whoever said they have mlb.tv and it wasn't on... are you sure you checked?

WCIU is a joke.

I've had Extra Innings for a long time now and its frustrating that there are 20-30 games each year you cannot see. (now granted some of them are shown on the opposing team's feed, but last night's wasn't on at all.)

Hopefully this is resolved before next season as has been mentioned in this thread.

Luckily I got to listen to the game on XM.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 10:39 AM)
So KOKI, FOX23 out of Tulsa....ya know, the tulsa that sits directly in the middle of the country, has decided that "regional coverage" means Yankees vs. Angels instead of, say, a couple midwest teams like Chicago and Detriot.

Seems completely logical to me.

:D

Luckily here in Louisville we are getting the Sox. Usually we get the Yankees, Reds, Red Sox, Cardinals or Cubs above all else.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
Seems completely logical to me.

:D

Luckily here in Louisville we are getting the Sox. Usually we get the Yankees, Reds, Red Sox, Cardinals or Cubs above all else.

I just checked and we are supposed to get the Sox-Tigers as well.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 10:43 AM)
I just checked and we are supposed to get the Sox-Tigers as well.

Good stuff. I was going to be pissed if I had to miss Friday and Saturday's game. I hate WCIU and Fox games.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 09:44 AM)
Good stuff. I was going to be pissed if I had to miss Friday and Saturday's game. I hate WCIU and Fox games.

Yep. It made my morning. Looking forward to this one. I think Mark is gonna step up.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 12, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
Fox should put one game on the National channel, one on FX and one on Fox News on a Saturday afternoon.

It'd be more intelligent than any of the other stuff on Fox News

Seriously, that's 2 games sitting in front of my computer listening to Singleton and Farmer that I paid for to see on TV.