IF the Sox win the Wild Card...

jasonxctf

As long as its not Vazquez.

Post-season rotation in my view depends on opponent and location. If we are At New York for the first two games, then I'd put Buehrle in the 2-hole. At boston I'd do what we have here below. Whatever the case, Javvy Vazquez should not start under any circumstances.

1-Jose

2-Garland

3-Buehrle

4-Garcia

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)
I love the MB love on this board. I have not even see a glimmer of hope with him. At least Freddy and Javy have had a good start here and there.

MB's is a better pitcher in so many ways than both of them its stupid to even compare.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 06:06 PM)
I wouldnt even want Freddy Pitching.

Game 1: Jose Contreras

Game 2: Mark Buehrle

Game 3: Jon Garland

Game 4: Contreras/Vazquez depending on situtation

Game 5: Contreras/Buehrle

All this hate for Freddy, who has the 2nd best ERA on the staff and tied for 2nd in wins? I don't get it. Buehrle and Vaz have been much worse than Freddy most of the year and Garland has only been better lately. I'd rather have Freddy pitching at this point than Buehrle or Vaz.

QUOTE(Beltin @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 06:13 PM)
If Buerhle does not round into form by season's end I might even stack it like this

1. Contreras

2. Garland

3. Buerhle

4. Richard Dotson

5. Brit Burns

dude, La Marr Hoyt needs to be in there.

throw Buerhle in the pen

:cheers

Edited by mr_genius

In the end, it really doesn't matter a whole lot. Every single starting pitcher on this team has proven they can win big games. We are talking percentage points of difference in the chances of one over the other. In a month, the race will be about over, we'll see how much flex Ozzie has in the rotation to "set things up" but I really am not worried about the game one pitcher. We'll see who has the hot arm in late September.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
In the end, it really doesn't matter a whole lot. Every single starting pitcher on this team has proven they can win big games. We are talking percentage points of difference in the chances of one over the other. In a month, the race will be about over, we'll see how much flex Ozzie has in the rotation to "set things up" but I really am not worried about the game one pitcher. We'll see who has the hot arm in late September.

Javy? Seriously? He's proven that to you? He hasn't convinced me of that at all.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Aug 18, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
Fixed that.

lol, because of one month, when Buerhle has had a history of having just absolutely pisspoor months...riiiiiight

Buehrle is easily the best pitcher we have. Contreras, Garland, Garcia, Vazquez, and everyone in the bullpen pitch well because of stuff. Buehrle has jacks*** for stuff, and yet he has a $9.5 mill option that's going to be picked up. I wonder why that is...?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
Vazquez pitching in the postseason will be a guaranteed loss. Forget how bad he pitches now when he has a meltdown. What he does in the postseason will dwarf that.

I might have to change his name from "Half-game" Vasquez to "Inning and a third" Vasquez. Pretty much as soon as there is a runner at a base, it's over.

To be candid, if I were to make the post-season rotation it would be a three-man rotation, Jose, Jon, and Garcia. I would put Buerhle in the bullpen and send "Half-game" to the Puertorican National Team, I would have him nowhere near the Sox pitching mound.

Edited by cgaudin