Hey, Freddy! Suck my rooster!

Gene Honda Civic

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 07:32 AM)
which is why we should trade him for chris young!

Chris Young of the Padres, yes! Chris Young of Arizona, nah.

I got pissed at Freddy when the TV showed him storm into the clubhouse after Morneau's bloop. Hopefully he was mad at himself, but judging by the quote in the thread, he is pulling a Jaime Navarro.

What is this guy talking about? The offesne gets him lead and he turns around in the bottom of the inning and give sit right back up. Freddie is becoming a so-so pitcher at best this year and hopefully still has some trade value over the off season.

But, I have to say the pitching has been not good all the way around for the most part. Relief pitchers giving up homers and the such. Cotts gives up something lately everytime he pitches as do the others. If we had last years pitching to go with this years hitting... well one can only dream.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
It takes a lot to make you wistful about Billy Koch.

Billy Koch never blamed anyone but himself. He was a hard-worker who just couldn't get it done here for many reasons, but he would never, ever blame anyone but himself. This doesn't belong near the category of what Freddy Garcia has done.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
Billy Koch never blamed anyone but himself. He was a hard-worker who just couldn't get it done here for many reasons, but he would never, ever blame anyone but himself. This doesn't belong near the category of what Freddy Garcia has done.

That was exactly my point. Koch manned up, every time. I miss that attitude.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
That was exactly my point. Koch manned up, every time. I miss that attitude.

he even took it so hard himself he said he wanted to kill himself after the ALDS when he was with the As

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
It was fun last week thinking we had halfway decent pitching. This whole pitching staff needs to be rebuilt in the off-season.

Look for the staff to look something like this:

Contreras

Buehrle

Garland

Vazquez

McCarthy

Hopefully Kenny will give up on the Vazquez expiriment, and we can get a proven young starter for Freddy, if not look for prospects....

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
Who knows, maybe Freddy is just trying to make it easier on managment to ship him out.

I'm thinkin' he doesn't want to be here anymore. Between these latest comments, and the crap a couple weeks ago about how he doesn't get up for bad teams -- he's practically begging them to trade him. Maybe he's bitter because they tried to shop him during last off-season.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
Yup, get rid of everyone.

Mark is going nowhere.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
Let me ask you this: are Tigers fans annoyed with Granderson's strike out issues?

Are Chisox fans annoyed with Brian Anderson's offensive issues? :P I think they are similar players, trying to work through rookie struggles, Granderson is a bit more experienced and polished which led to his earlier success, but now pitchers have adjusted to him and he is struggling. It isn't just soft stuff away either (although that is his main problem) he just looks worn down and slow batspeed wise.

As for Garcia...ugh, anytime a player tries to pass the buck onto his teammates it is not cool...

Edited by loltrain

This is twice with Freddy saying this kind of s***, not too mentoin his on the field antics toward his teamates.

From a few weeks ago..

''I made my pitches,'' Garcia said. ''I never really pitch good here, but I threw well. We didn't hit. What can I say?''

You know what really got to me... after Cotts gave up the hit they showed Freddy pissed off and walking into the clubhouse . Freddy should have been pissed off when he first came out of the game, instead of just sitting there packing his chew. He put the team behind once again in the first. They battled back for him twice, just to watch him give it up. Then he acts pissed off when Cotts gives up a bloop hit?? We were already down by one, so was he pissed cause it shows up as his run?? That's what I got out of it cause he's become a slefish prick. Then after it all he criticizes the offense.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
I'm thinkin' he doesn't want to be here anymore. Between these latest comments, and the crap a couple weeks ago about how he doesn't get up for bad teams -- he's practically begging them to trade him. Maybe he's bitter because they tried to shop him during last off-season.

Mark is going nowhere.

I guess it should've been in green. Mark, Jon, or Contreras are going nowhere.

QUOTE(loltrain @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
Are Chisox fans annoyed with Brian Anderson's offensive issues? :P I think they are similar players, trying to work through rookie struggles, Granderson is a bit more experienced and polished which led to his earlier success, but now pitchers have adjusted to him and he is struggling. It isn't just soft stuff away either (although that is his main problem) he just looks worn down and slow batspeed wise.

I hope you didn't take it as me trying to rip on Granderson? I played a lot against him growing up, and I'm a huge fan. I was simply trying to get a good fans opinion on what the Tigers fans feel about his strikeout issues this year.