White Sox vs Twins 1:10 pm CSN

WSoxMatt

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soxman352000 @ Aug 19, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
Lets Go Sox, sadly I'm unable to watch my first game in a while because I'm attending my first year of college in southern Illinois. But I'm still representing the White Sox proudly.

It's been about 4 years since I moved from Carbondale, but try the Cellar or Mugsy McGwire's, they both used to get MLB extra innings and show Sox games. You have to be 21 to get into the Cellar though.

I saw this yesterday on Santana;

The blister on ace Johan Santana's middle finger isn't expected to be fully healed by Sunday's scheduled start against the White Sox.

Santana, who has been receiving light therapy to try to harden the skin, is still expected to make the start. He's dealt with blister issues since his days in the minors.

Just maybe, it will affect him and we may actually get a hit or 2 off him for a change.

Huge game though. Will give us a 3 game cushion, instead of 1, and these are the type of games we probably don't expect to win when you look at the matchup, but if we can, then it's quite a breakthough in terms of our season.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:00 AM)
I'm afraid this game just isn't going to go well...

the beauty of todays game is that, the sox dont have much to lose....nobody expects them to win today, and if they do lose, they keep the WC lead....if you ask me, much more pressure is on minnesota, because they can't afford to fall 3 back and take the mental bump of having their ace lose....if the sox lose, the team is fine and comes out playing tomorrow, a win and it might do alot for the psyche of this team, and really put them on a run (especially if texas beats Det too)

QUOTE(beck72 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 09:25 AM)
My take on today's game:

A loss won't hurt the Sox. But a win could be HUGE. The Twins absolutely need this game, with their ace going vs. the Sox #5 SP. Yet the sox could lose and still be in decent shape heading into Detroit.

exactly, much more for minny to lose heading into todays game than the sox.....sox lose, its not a huge deal, twins lose, it is a huge deal, sox win, and its huge for the sox, twins win and its onethey should win anyways

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 08:00 AM)
It's not just that it's Santana...

It's that it's Santana at home (where he's 5-0 with a 0.73 ERA in his last 5 starts)

against Javier Vazquez

Sorry guys, but today...we gone

I hope I'm wrong

Unfortunately, you are not wrong. Though this would be a good game for Ozzie to gauge "Half-game" Vasquez's big game performance. I'll wager that "Half-game" is gone before the fifth, and call it a moral victory if we get more than 3 runs. My only consolation is that Detroit gets their butts handed to them as well.

LHH vs. Santana this season: .269

RHH vs. Santana this season: .210

Despite this...the only lefty in our lineup today is Thome. Thanks Ozzie. I'm soo happy to have Sandy Alomar facing Santana today.

Chi White Sox

P. Ozuna lf

T. Iguchi 2b

J. Thome dh

P. Konerko 1b

J. Dye rf

J. Crede 3b

J. Uribe ss

B. Anderson cf

S. Alomar Jr. c

Minnesota

L. Castillo 2b