Are you in or are you out?

Kid Gleason

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
WE'RE STILL IN FRONT IN THE WILD CARD STANDINGS! If anyone says they're "out", they should just stop watching baseball and go watch Dancing with the Stars, or something that requires no intestinal fortitude.

^

This is baseball, anything and everything can happen.

IN

IN

IN

obviously in.

G-Load for leadoff LF

6-man rotation

BA growing. dye being great. thome and konerko can rebound. STILL alot to like, and I'm gonna going to be there till the end.

WE WON LAST YEAR, and if today ended we'd be in the playoffs. all but 4 teams in the AL would want to be where we are and you ask if were in or out. ok

Like fathom said, I'm IN.

But I won't be surprised if we continue to suck the rest of the season.

There are no signs of coming out of this since none of our starters are guaranteed

to shut teams down and come up with wins like last year.

This year, it's Det's starters.

QUOTE(Balance @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Well, I just sent in my non-refundable playoff ticket money, so I guess I'm in.

I wish I felt better about it, though.

IN..

I will always be with this team..win or lose..even if they don't make the playoffs they are still my team..

But I think we might get in just because the problems the other teams have (Minny, Boston) not because we go .600 the rest of the way..but we go .530 and Minny goes .520 and Boston .500..

But I will continue to root for this team next year if they don't make it (and the year after that, 2008, etc.)... :gosox4:

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
There's going to be a long line at the doctor's office tomorrow. Lots of sprained ankles from people jumping off the bandwagon (not in this thread, but it's definitely happening with some Sox fans).

No matter how bad we play, if we LEAD THE WILD CARD, you can't give up. But that may not last long, and if not for Boston collapsing and Lirano's arm falling off, we'd already be a few games in the hole. But can't jump off the wagon yet.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
There's going to be a long line at the doctor's office tomorrow. Lots of sprained ankles from people jumping off the bandwagon (not in this thread, but it's definitely happening with some Sox fans).

I'll be at the dentist, hopefully the office isn't too long there.

I suppose it helps that I'm in Jersey, but still :P

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
Like fathom said, I'm IN.

There are no signs of coming out of this since none of our starters are guaranteed

to shut teams down and come up with wins like last year.

This year, it's Det's starters.

I'm in, but people here have to stop talking about pitching being THE issue and our offense to be daunting when we continually lack the capability to jump on someone for 3 runs in the 1st or come from 4 down to make it a game.

I live in CA and was having lunch today with a friend from Chgo and a Cub fan, he was talking about being at the 14-10 Cub win in gm 3 and even though the Cubs were putting up big runs the swagger of the Sox was flat out intimidating, the words he used were "they're so big, you got Konerko, Thome, AJ, Crede, it just keeps coming and I told my buddy next to me these friggin guys are gonna win the World Series.....AGAIN!!" I really miss THAT Sox team.....

Once I saw us down 3 runs today early, I automatically could feel the offense would do absolutely nothing to challenge and that's how the game ended, so people pls stop the talk about how we can "score with the best of em if only our pitching would come around" We're going to live and die by offense this year, plain and simple and if ours doesn't do what on paper it should, then yes, the season will end with the reg. season.