8/25 Game Thread Sox vs. Twins

Wedge

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a good feelin' that Gooch is going to be the beneficiary of a few cookies left over the plate as a consequence of Radke's caution and preoccupation with Dye. He needs to cash-in those opportunities. I'm feeling surprisingly optimistic.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
Why I let this team screw with my hopes, I really dont know anymore, but I am pumped about this series. I have an odd feeling Vaz is going to step up tonight, and this team is going to show some fire.

God I hope im right.

Way to set yourself up. Best thing I ever did was write this team off (unless Vaz mans up and develops into the pitcher scouts think he can be) because now I can just watch the games and enjoy them.

Yesterday's game was one of the most enjoyable Sox games in a long time. I've finally gotten over the high expectations and learned to relax and just enjoy the games. If we win great, if we lose, not the end of the world. You can't win every game and you can't win every year.

Obviously I'd like to this year, but for that to happen Jose and Javy will have to really man up so I guess this series will be a microcosm of the remainder of the season because if those two can step up we win this series and if those two step up (to go with Jon) we officially become the team to beat in the postseason, imo.

I'm bolding that cause I really think that will be the key to our season, Jose and Javy developing into front line guys to go with Jon.

I'm feeling it. I think Ozzie is right - this team is on again. (spare me the Javy smack).

:gosox1: :drink

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
I really think that will be the key to our season, Jose and Javy developing into front line guys to go with Jon.

Want to hear something really nuts? I believe Freddy when he says that he's starting to feel stronger as the season goes on. He was hitting 93 on the gun in Detroit. Just saying...if he can start holding down some leads.

There are only 30 something games left. We haven't played well, we haven't hit our stride, all kinds of questions....and yet, we have a 1/2 game lead on the Twins, and only 5 behind in the loss column on the "great" Tigers. They are at our house, IT'S TIME TO STEP THE HELL UP AND SHOW WHY 2005 HAPPENED. GET IT DONE BOYS!!

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
I got a good feelin' that Gooch is going to be the beneficiary of a few cookies left over the plate as a consequence of Radke's caution and preoccupation with Dye. He needs to cash-in those opportunities. I'm feeling surprisingly optimistic.

Have you seen Thome's numbers vs. RHP? I don't understand why Radke would be afraid of Dye but not Thome?

AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI W HP K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

vs. Right 247 72 80 18 0 30 73 58 0 66 0 0 .324 .445 .761 1.206

Its amazing anyone sees any benefit to Thome being out of the line-up. These are incredible stats.

Edited by Dick Allen

I wonder what Ozzie will do with the Pods/Anderson/Mackowiak trio. Mackowiak hit a bomb off of Radke last time, but Anderson has also been playing well. We know Pods will unfortunately be playing though, so I hope we keep our best defensive CF in the game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
I wonder what Ozzie will do with the Pods/Anderson/Mackowiak trio. Mackowiak hit a bomb off of Radke last time, but Anderson has also been playing well. We know Pods will unfortunately be playing though, so I hope we keep our best defensive CF in the game.

I think Ozzie is very close to pulling the plug on Pods as a regular. Just from his comments, he seems to be getting little digs in lately.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
I think Ozzie is very close to pulling the plug on Pods as a regular. Just from his comments, he seems to be getting little digs in lately.

All season that appears to be the case. The thing that dissapoints me is he's made an example out of Uribe and he's done it to other guys at times, yet he really hasn't done it to Pods. I really dont' get it.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
This is meant to put the whammy on Radke.

C'mon White Sox. The guy is not that good.

Get psyched and take care of business.

Pitch well, play good d and get to this guy early.

He ain't that good.

For the love of God, he has a torn rotator cuff that is going to force him to retire at season's end. Put up 6 or 7 in the first inning, just to reinforce his decision to call it quits.

I love Dan Bernstein, he's one of the only guy out there who actually gets it. The fact that Rob Mackowiak is starting in centerfield again today after the way Anderson has played for the past 2 months and yesterday especially is a f***ing joke.

This is why I can't stand Ozzie Guillen.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 02:47 PM)
I love Dan Bernstein, he's one of the only guy out there who actually gets it. The fact that Rob Mackowiak is starting in centerfield again today after the way Anderson has played for the past 2 months and yesterday especially is a f***ing joke.

This is why I can't stand Ozzie Guillen.

If that is true...then our Center Fielder in 3 of the last 5 games will have been Mackowiak.

I can't even begin to think what this board's gonna read like if "Half-game" Vasquez has his usual mid-game meltdown. We've been pretty easy on this guy. I guarangoddamnphawkin'tee you that if he were in NY they would have booed him so mercilessly, he woudda been long gone by now.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
Yep, appearantly the platoon is back on.

So we have a pitcher that doesnt do well pitching over errors, gnat farts, and other things that he cant control. So we put a butcher in CF because he happens to have been born with a left appendage.

Here you go kid, 2 hits including a triple and a damn webgem. Your reward, some pine. The other guy who is a butcher in CF he will play the majority of the time Please blame your parents for the wrong gene mix to make you right handed.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 05:22 PM)
So we have a pitcher that doesnt do well pitching over errors, gnat farts, and other things that he cant control. So we put a butcher in CF because he happens to have been born with a left appendage.

Here you go kid, 2 hits including a triple and a damn webgem. Your reward, some pine. The other guy who is a butcher in CF he will play the majority of the time Please blame your parents for the wrong gene mix to make you right handed.

Mackowiak did homer off Radke the last time he faced him there for Mackowiak >>> Anderson.

Career Vs Radke:

BA: 1-2, 2B

Mack: 3-8, 2B, HR

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
I would LOVE to hear a reason for Mack in CF tonight.

I usually dont go that hard on Ozzie,but unless Anderson broke his arm diving for that ball yesterday, there is no excuse for Anderson not being in CF.

We'll never get a f***ing answer from Guillen simply because of the pussies who run the media in this city. It's unbelievable that Ozzie could do so many god damn interviews every week and not a single member of the media has the balls to call him out on his love for Mack/hate for BA. Mike North did an interview with Oz this morning, not even a mention of Mackowiak. It's sickening that we'll never get answers to all the questions we have. I only have 3 and I'll never get a real answer to either.

1.) Why would you EVER start Rod Mackowiak in CF over Brian Anderson?

2.) Why was a REAL 4th outfielder never acquired for this team?

3.) What the f*** happened to Freddy Garcia's arm?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
I would LOVE to hear a reason for Mack in CF tonight.

I usually dont go that hard on Ozzie,but unless Anderson broke his arm diving for that ball yesterday, there is no excuse for Anderson not being in CF.

There isn't one. Ozzie's use of Anderson and Mack has been absolutely retarded just like his use of Bmac. I thought he had figured things out with Anderson but apparently he hasn't. Whats even worse is Javy is on the mound and he wets himself like a kid whenever a blooper falls and those are for more likely to happen with Mack out there than BA.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)
Mackowiak did homer off Radke the last time he faced him there for Mackowiak >>> Anderson.

Career Vs Radke:

BA: 1-2, 2B

Mack: 3-8, 2B, HR

Its obvious who is at fault for this. Andersons damn family. Damn right handed genes passed down. What is Ozzie going to do, if you suggest the radical idea of letting a right face a righty pitcher, thats unheard of in modern baseball. I mean how could he survive with that 88 mph fastball busting down on him. He might fall down and cry if he saw a curveball.