8/25 Game Thread Sox vs. Twins

Wedge

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 02:28 AM)
There's no way around this. Worst inning for a manager (as far as being able to second guess his moves).

easy logic is leave in vaz till he at least lets in 2 runs or go to bmac. easy

pitch hit for the lf'der who should be in AAA (and sucking there). easy

I just don't know what he was thinking there..

Pods in the minors would fit in perfectly with all the other guys who had a lot more power in 2004.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
I wonder if BMac is gonna get fat from all the candy in the pen. I know he's a skinny guy, but he hasn't needed to leave his chair in the last two weeks.

I wonder if he likes Tootsie Rolls.

No.

Rollo's, fish Tootsie Rolls.

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
With the rise of the internet, how long do you think it will take for a message board rep to be considered part of the press and allowed to be a part of post game interviews? I'd love all of our real, relevant questions to be asked and potentially answered.

It's already happened.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
We deserve to win this game in every way except the coaching department so far. But that could still wind us up with a loss.

Without a doubt, this is the worst managed season i can remember in a loong time. Oz sure is giving Bevington a run for his money

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
Don't forget that Vazquez continues to lack guts on the mound.

He didn't pitch bad at all, I don't think. He was first pitch strike all night. I think he should have just left him in the game.

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
With the rise of the internet, how long do you think it will take for a message board rep to be considered part of the press and allowed to be a part of post game interviews? I'd love all of our real, relevant questions to be asked and potentially answered.

I doubt we'd ever do it. I doubt we'd ever want to.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 02:28 AM)
Bevy once signalled to the bullpen for a reliever who wasn't there.

It's going to take a lot more than that last inning to eclipse that.

I still laugh at how Ozzie signalled for the wrong throwing hand, and had to bring in Politte to face a lefty instead of the lefty he wanted to bring in.

QUOTE(Chopper2Hopper @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)

Not in MLB. Minors for sure.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
Bevy once signalled to the bullpen for a reliever who wasn't there.

It's going to take a lot more than that last inning to eclipse that.

In terms of an individual inning, I never saw Bevington even have one that bad. He made of the worst choices I've seen him make all year (saying a lot for Ozzie), and they were all in the same inning.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 02:32 AM)
Well Thornton out now.

Cotts and Riske going in the last inning was the Ozzie equivalent of letting Boone Logan face Hafner in the 8th up by one run because he was a lefty and there happened to be a lefty up.

I disagree...this move was worse. At least Logan hadn't been in a massive slump prior to being brought in.