8/25 Game Thread Sox vs. Twins

Wedge

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 02:46 AM)
It would be a shot to us and to the twins if we actually tried to hit line drives next inning, and strung a few hits together. I know it goes against our whole offensive strategy of lift and pull and pose, but it might win a close game. Just a thought.

That's one of the main reason we've always struggled against guys like Nathan and Rincon. They have that quick slider on the outside to righties, and everyone on the team will swing over it.

Its starting to get hard, very hard, to think how many games Thorton has kept us in, won, for us this year. HUGE KUDUS to him.

I like it when a guy is thought of as a pussywillow (seattle fans HATED him) and then changes scenery and is unstoppable. aka C. Patterson

I really haven't thought much about it until now but why is Gload at first in a crucial series? Granted there isn't a huge drop off defensively from Paulie but with a series this important do we really want to have a guy out there digging out balls in the dirt when he hasn't been out there very much this year?

I was under the impression that Ozzie was all about pitching, speed and defense. Seeing the lineups he throws out there makes me realize that he's all talk. Brian should be in CF and Paulie should be at first for this series. Have Paulie DH vs Tampa Bay next week if he needs the rest.