8/25 Game Thread Sox vs. Twins

Wedge

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
You know how we seem to do a good job against Detroit?

Yeah, that's the Twins against us.

Good times.

Bottom line is we should've never been in this position but we are and all we can do is try to MANUFACTURE a run or two in the 9th.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:18 PM)
Hey Ozzie...if you're so worried about Nathan, then show some freaking urgency in the 6th inning.

Or the 9th for that matter. Ozzie might have managed us out of the playoffs tonight, and he certainly managed us into a loss. I REALLY hope he says those magic words that get him fired.

This game is all on ozzie. I'm actually not that pissed were losing. I think the players did fine and might lose only b/c some guys were put into positions they shouldn't have been in. simple as that, its all on ozzie.

NO DJ. nothing that happened in THIS inning cost us the game. 6th inning. and shutup hawk.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
I don't care if Thome can't walk, I'd rather se him bat instead of Pods this inning. If Pods K's looking, he better get booed off this field.

The 15 year old girls and masses of dumb won't allow it

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:21 PM)
We have a 12 million dollar pitcher that can only pitch 5 innings. That's simply amazing.

I'm not blaming Vazquez tonight. This is all on Ozzie. The decisions he made in this game were terrible. If I was KW I would call him out on every single decision he made tonight

QUOTE(iguchi=dank @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 03:22 AM)
I don't really agree this game is going to derail us for the season. The players played well today and I think thats a positive. The players KNOW what went on today and I belive/hope they will bounce back and shrug this game off.

No, this is a heartbreaking loss if they lose, considering they face their nemesis tomorrow.