Official High School Football Thread!!!

Brian

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Barrington/Libertyville game had one of the more bizarre endings I've ever heard. It was tied at 26, and Libertyville botched the snap on a game winning 28 yard FG attempt, only to recover and throw a TD pass as time ran out to win the game. Libertyville picks up a HUGE road win, but kinda sad a game between 2 teams that good was decided like that.

The defending 7A Champs Prospect hammered DGN 33-0 to make up for their only loss last year. Lincoln Way East was VERY lucky to escape with a 15-14 win over Providence. LWE is one of the higher ranked teams nationally I've seen around here before a season, but they survived to beat Providence (who was supposedly down this year) on a 45 yard punt return with 2 mins left.

Lemont of course lost, since I said how good they'd be, Lincon Way Central got hammered at home by East St. Louis, who is back to glory day level in terms of talent, and sadly, Lake Park beat WHarris1's beloved Naperville Central in a 17-14 heartbreaker :(.

*waits for profanity edited rant on how refs screwed NC over from Willie* :)

Lincoln Way East with a less than impressive win over Providence, 17-16.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
Brian :wub:'s Stevenson.

While I respect a program that can stay on top for so many years, I despise the rich kids and their parents who give their kids everything and cover for them when they do something bad. Spend more money to make your high school look like a college campus.

And their football team takes roids.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:48 PM)
Lake Park beat WHarris1's beloved Naperville Central in a 17-14 heartbreaker :(.

*waits for profanity edited rant on how refs screwed NC over from Willie* :)

Thankfully I missed the game because I was at the Sox game. Wait actually...I was f***ed either way...

It's just stupid that we are admittedly in a rebuilding year, yet they don't start my friend who is a junior who is sure to be the starter next year, at QB.

Next Friday I will be at LWE watching us get raped by them.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
Lincoln Way East with a less than impressive win over Providence, 17-16.

While I respect a program that can stay on top for so many years, I despise the rich kids and their parents who give their kids everything and cover for them when they do something bad. Spend more money to make your high school look like a college campus.

And their football team takes roids.

Well I'm not sure where you got that last sentence from but I can personally tell you that when I went there, our football players definitely didn't. I was good friends with a lot of 'em so that definitely wasn't the case.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
Well I'm not sure where you got that last sentence from but I can personally tell you that when I went there, our football players definitely didn't. I was good friends with a lot of 'em so that definitely wasn't the case.

It's called being bitter.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
I hate national rankings for high school teams. Makes no sense when the top teams in the country don't play each other and it's not like there is a National Title for High School Football.

Hoover plays the #12 team in the country in John Curtis and also Union, OK. Union, whose new coach came this year from Indianapolis Warren Central (the #4 team) is considered Oklahoma's 2nd best team. Your point is valid in that there is no tournament or championship, but teams are challenged. I like it because it can simply be a conversation piece.

Conant pulled off the upset of #11 Downers Grove South....Cougars!!! The ending was the same as Barrington and Libertyville. The Cougars botched a field goal snap with 5;00mins left and QB Rick Szkorla ran and dove over the goal line for a touchdown making the game 20-15...The following drive, the Mustangs got to the Cougar 19 but thats all...Conants defense stopped Downers South and won a great game and pulling off the a huge upset.

Edited by wilmot825

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
Maine South got rolled by some team from Indiana, 61-12

That would be Warren Central, the three-time defending state champ and Sports Illustrated's #4 ranked team nationally.

Indianapolis Cathedral also beat Detroit Renaissance 38-0 yesterday. Not sure if Renaissance is any good, but the margin surprised me.

Edited by Rex Hudler

Texas >>>>> greater than any other state for Friday Night Football.

Our local sports talk station will have reporters at every Rio Grande Valley game, about 28-30 games. All will be calling in with updates. The local TV stations will lead with High School over Cowboys (forgetabout the Texans). By the end of the season most of these kids will get more pub than TO locally.

Warren and Maine South in a rematch of last years playoff game on Friday Night in Gurnee.

Saw Maine South got rolled by the Indianapolis Colts...I mean Warren Central last week. Not a real even match up you could say.