Official High School Football Thread!!!

Brian

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoover, AL whipped Tulsa Union in Friday's Nike HS Game of the Week on FSN. After a scoreless 1st quarter, Hoover scored 34 straight points, eventually toppling the two-time defending Oklahoma state champion 34-7. It also broke Union's 57 game home field winning streak.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Sep 2, 2006 -> 12:11 PM)
Lemont lost again. It just goes to show that 2 good players can't carry a crappy team. I really didn't understand where all the hype was coming from since we lost most of our skill players besides Nagel. We have no WRs and no secondary.

Well they are 0-2, but this weeks loss was to Sterling, who is one of the best teams in the state, and was a 22-19 heartbreaker, so I can't hate too much. Although I can hate on this, Joliet Catholic loses to a crippled Morris team coming off a 34-0 loss, to fall to 0-2. Fantastic!! Gotta recruit better this offseason I guess.

The sports media company that I work for in Northwest Indiana covers mainly IN football, but starting today, we are expanding into Illinois. At 1:30 on 820 AM we are broadcasting the St. Rita vs. Fenwick game. If you get a chance, listen in and let me know what you think, my bosses would love to get responses from Illinois fans.

Thanks.

Edited by heavyduty

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
Not a misprint. Warren is just that damn good. Id put them up against any team in the country.

I'd love to see them play Hoover then. Hoover is an absolute machine. They'll be tested one more time against John Curtis out of Louisiana in a week or two. Aside from that, if they stay focused, I'd say they are on a direct course for a "national championship."

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
Mt. Carmel will be in 8A this year.
That multiplier sucks. We only have 850 students, yet we are somehow in 8A. Bulls***.

By the way, did anyone see us kick the s*** out of Providence on ESPNU the other night?

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
Warren vs. Lake Zurich today. Should be good one in Gurnee.

Hey, just wondering if u still think libertyville and stevenson are gonna beat lake zurich? U are giving LZ to little credit!

Lake Zurich 28 - Warren 6

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 04:49 AM)
Hey, just wondering if u still think libertyville and stevenson are gonna beat lake zurich? U are giving LZ to little credit!

Lake Zurich 28 - Warren 6

LZ may beat Stevenson, but Libertyville is the best team in the area. They have already beaten two teams better than LZ

QUOTE(Sam @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)
That multiplier sucks. We only have 850 students, yet we are somehow in 8A. Bulls***.

850 students, but aren;t you a private school? Which means ANYONE can go there.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
For those of you in Indiana, how in the hell did Warren Central beat Ben Davis 76-7?? Was that a misprint?

There is not a better high school football team in the country this year. Warren Central would stay with, if not beat, nearly anyone.

Edited by MSHAWKS

QUOTE(MSHAWKS @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
There is not a better high school football team in the country this year. Warren Central would stay with, if not beat, nearly anyone.

Let's not make that assumption too quickly. I know Warren Central is good, but don't forget the little team in Hoover, AL. It's a shame they can't play due to IHSAA rules. Hoover is willing to play the best and has done so. Hoover opened the season on the road beating Tulsa Union 34-7. Union is the two-time defending Oklahoma State Champion and ironically, the home of former Warren Central Head Coach Kevin Wright. Union had won 57 straight home games going into that game.

Hoover has won 5 of the last 6 Alabama 6A state championships, losing in the championship game in the lone non-winning year.

The win over Ben Davis this weekend was impressive, but what was strange to me is Warren Central only threw six passes, completing three. To be able to rack 500+ yards on the ground is impressive, but how balanced are they? Can they play from behind?