Sox fall to Twins again

shoota

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now officially everything has gone wrong (at some point) with the Sox this season. The manager, coaches, position players, pitchers, GM all have contributed to the lackluster play and too many losses since the ASB. Now even a fan is helping to bury the Sox by making the last out. At least it is a complete team effort.

David Riske is a very good pitcher in games that aren't tight.

Exactly. So what is Ozzie thinking by putting him into the game in an extremely important, close game situation? Does Ozzie think? I don't even know why I ask the question.

Absolutely PITIFUL loss.

We could have pulled within 4 1/2 of Detroit and seperated a game between ourselves and Minnesota.

Our players choked tonight.

And wouldn't you know, we're out of the wild-card lead as well with Santana pitching tomorrow. I suppose this begins the fatalism within Soxtalk. "Santana is pitching, there's a "L." They better win. This game is similar to the series in Minnesota with Bonser. First game should have been ours, but instead, was a loss and set the tone for the series. Need to rebound tomorrow.

This game was just sickening!!! I feel like someone kicked me in the gut. KW needs to have a talk with Ozzie, his managing has been absolutley terrible. Why would you bring in Cotts? I would have rather that he left in Vazquez. But if he needed to bring in a lefty he should have brought in BMac. Why is he on this team if you ain't gonna use him. I mean this is ridiculous. Tonight loss was the end of the season, this team isn't going to be in the playoffs.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
Now officially everything has gone wrong (at some point) with the Sox this season. The manager, coaches, position players, pitchers, GM all have contributed to the lackluster play and too many losses since the ASB. Now even a fan is helping to bury the Sox by making the last out. At least it is a complete team effort.

That ball would have definately been caught if the fan didn't interfere.

The fan did something I'd like to see more of. It's a very smart play for a fan to make if that ball was in the stands. Fans have the right to stand their ground and not move for a player who sticks his glove in the stands. In fact, they can even hit the ball before it comes down into his glove.

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)

Exactly. So what is Ozzie thinking by putting him into the game in an extremely important, close game situation? Does Ozzie think? I don't even know why I ask the question.

Do you want to trot out MacDougal in the 6th? Ozzie was absolutely right in putting in Riske, and it was pure luck that Torii dove across the plate for a ball that was a good two-three inches outside and punched it into the seats.

You know what players choked? NOT OUR BEST ONES, BECAUSE THE MANAGER WON'T GIVE THEM A SHOT.

The people that choked tonight were Cotts, Riske, Cora, Guillen, and Podsednik (in the 7th I believe it was). I refuse to blame Eminem since he got nickel dimed and has been great for us, but hell I'd have had Jenks in in that spot personally.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
Absolutely PITIFUL loss.

We could have pulled within 4 1/2 of Detroit and seperated a game between ourselves and Minnesota.

Our players choked tonight.

And wouldn't you know, we're out of the wild-card lead as well with Santana pitching tomorrow. I suppose this begins the fatalism within Soxtalk. "Santana is pitching, there's a "L." They better win. This game is similar to the series in Minnesota with Bonser. First game should have been ours, but instead, was a loss and set the tone for the series. Need to rebound tomorrow.

2 strikes with the twins or tigers. They shorten their swing, they put the ball in play up the middle or to the right.

2 strikes on the sox, either they pose statuesque and walk back to the dugout taking one down the cock, or they swing for the fence and look stupid on a low and away pitch.

Its the same approach we have seen for years with 2 strikes. Our team is a f***ing softball team.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Do you want to trot out MacDougal in the 6th? Ozzie was absolutely right in putting in Riske, and it was pure luck that Torii dove across the plate for a ball that was a good two-three inches outside and punched it into the seats.

McCarthy is on the team still yes. I guess pure luck is a hitter with 2 strikes taking the ball to right. That has never happened before with the twins. They never hit oppo with 2 strikes.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Fire Ozzie Guillen.

You know what players choked? NOT OUR BEST ONES, BECAUSE THE MANAGER WON'T GIVE THEM A SHOT.

The people that choked tonight were Cotts, Riske, Cora, Guillen, and Podsednik (in the 7th I believe it was). I refuse to blame Eminem since he got nickel dimed and has been great for us, but hell I'd have had Jenks in in that spot personally.

Fire Ozzie.

How about firing the 3rd base coach first because he sure as hell has come up big for us, a big f***ing joke.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 03:47 AM)

Why not put MacDougal out in the 6th? We needed 10 outs, and our big 3 relievers are all fresh. What boggles my mind is how Ozzie says he's so nervous about Nathan. If that's the case, you can't go f***ing around like he did with our worse relievers in the 6th inning.

Also, it's almost getting to the point where I wish we did trade McCarthy. Ozzie's use of him is just pathetic.

You know, I've said this before. I can handle losing when we have a poor or average team. But this s*** is infuriating. We play just good enough to lose. We give our pitchers leads, and they blow it. Our pitcher pitch their ass off and out hitters take the day off. The fielding blows it. Whatever. We should be batttling Detroit for the division right now, not struggling to hang on to the wild card. Maybe I'm spoiled from last year. But goddamn, someone needs to light a fire under these guys. It seems to me that every game we lose, someone lets me down. Jermaine Dye could have been a hero tonight, but nope, doesn't come through. Don't even get me started on Ozzie. I really wish I knew what goes on in the clubhouse. If he ever gets in anyone's face in there. I'm not talking about humiliating some kid on national TV. I mean telling the pitchers to get their collective heads out of their asses and start pitching like they should be. It's just really starting to get to me.

I said this in the game thread, but its locked now

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Fire Ozzie Guillen.

Fire Ozzie.

Did Ozzie dive across the plate for a ball clearly outside and poke a three-run homer for Minnesota? Did he hit the hanging slider from MacDougal when the best the Twins could do against Mac's fastball were bleeders back up the middle?

Jesus, shut up already and credit this loss to absolute lack of luck.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 03:49 AM)
McCarthy is on the team still yes. I guess pure luck is a hitter with 2 strikes taking the ball to right. That has never happened before with the twins. They never hit oppo with 2 strikes.

That wasn't pure luck....Hunter had a great approach that AB, and he didn't try to pull the ball to LF. I don't know how Riske gets guys out this year, as his stuff is rather bland (88 mph high fastball and average offspeed pitches).

1. Cora shouldnt be waving anybody in that situation unless he is darn near %100 especially with less than 2 outs.

2. OZ shoulve definitely pulled JV after the 5th no questions asked.

3. OZ shoulda made Jenks pitch 9th...you make them beat your best...especially in a nonsave situation.

other than that "what new?"

That ball would have definately been caught if the fan didn't interfere.

The fan did something I'd like to see more of. It's a very smart play for a fan to make if that ball was in the stands. Fans have the right to stand their ground and not move for a player who sticks his glove in the stands. In fact, they can even hit the ball before it comes down into his glove.

Except of course this idiot reached way into the field of play and banged into Morneau. Wait until he's close to the stands before you go after him. He turned a difficult play for Morneau into an out. Gee thanks, idiot fan for making out #27.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 03:51 AM)
Did Ozzie dive across the plate for a ball clearly outside and poke a three-run homer for Minnesota? Did he hit the hanging slider from MacDougal when the best the Twins could do against Mac's fastball were bleeders back up the middle?

Lack of luck? You have to create your luck...how come we never get any luck against Joe Nathan? You bring up a good point about the terrible pitch selection against Bartlett. AJP has been brutal with pitch selection this year, and I'm one of his biggest fans.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 03:52 AM)
Except of course this idiot reached way into the field of play and banged into Morneau. Wait until he's close to the stands before you go after him. He turned a difficult play for Morneau into an out. Gee thanks, idiot fan for making out #27.

Seriously, that guy doesn't deserve any blame.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)

So you would of went Cotts and his 8 ERA for August in first out of the pen, and then Riske over McCarthy.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 03:51 AM)
1. Cora shouldnt be waving anybody in that situation unless he is darn near %100 especially with less than 2 outs.

2. OZ shoulve definitely pulled JV after the 5th no questions asked.

3. OZ shoulda made Jenks pitch 9th...you make them beat your best...especially in a nonsave situation.

other than that "what new?"

Pods should have never been allowed to face a lefty in the 6th inning with 2 men on.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)

Your an idiot, I won't respond to idiots since they don't listen. Sorry.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2006 -> 10:50 PM)
Also, it's almost getting to the point where I wish we did trade McCarthy. Ozzie's use of him is just pathetic.

I'd much rather have Soriano in LF than have McCarthy detailing Ozzie's SUV during the game.