Game Thread: White Sox vs. Minnesota Twins

Chisoxrd5

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
I'm kinda pissed when Uribe hits solo shots because its just going to encourage him to keep swinging for the fences.

and it gives Ozzie more reason to keep playing him. I still think we'd be better off with Cintron getting the majority of playingtime at SS.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
This is what our hitters live for. Flood gates open and everybody plays without pressure. It's like 2001-2004 again.

This would happen almost every day if the pitchers could throw like Mark is today.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
Thank God Brian barely gets to play. He is such a liabilty at the plate these days.

Horrible baserunner too, as well as lackluster range on D.

Good thing he'll sit for the next game.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
This is what our hitters live for. Flood gates open and everybody plays without pressure. It's like 2001-2004 again.

That's fine...thankfully it's happening today. This is an absolutely crucial game in the scheme of things.

for those of you who really admire Ron Gardenhire:

Twins win today we are 2.5 behind

Twins lose today we are .5 behind

What does it take to make up the 2 games? Well it takes 2 losses by the Twins and 2 wins by our WS. That is a total of 4 games.

If I were Ron G I wouldve definitely had the same starting lineup as yesterday pushed like a mother to take this final game....tomorrow you could rest some guys...

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
for those of you who really admire Ron Gardenhire:

Twins win today we are 2.5 behind

Twins lose today we are .5 behind

What does it take to make up the 2 games? Well it takes 2 losses by the Twins and 2 wins by our WS. That is a total of 4 games.

If I were Ron G I wouldve definitely had the same starting lineup as yesterday pushed like a mother to take this final game....tomorrow you could rest some guys...

He almost always benches Mauer for Redmond against a lefty. Redmond is a great hitter vs LHP, so it makes sense. Also, Ford has had some success against Buehrle in the past, so it's not an awful decision to play him instead of Tyner. Besides that, he has the same team on the field.

Ugh....hopefully that doesn't come back to haunt us. Get the bunt down Iguchi!