Chisoxrd5

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
More pitching from Mark would be nice. The real question though, is whether Mark has actually improved or is this a one time deal?

If he has in fact turned something around (AJ catching him again), it's absolutely huge, cause then we have two legit starters. :P

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
I'm a heck of a lot happier about the way Mark is pitching today. The hitting is gravy.

At this point, it's only one game. Right now I'm just thinking "fluke." I've seen this game before: Vazquez @ Toronto and Jose vs. Detroit a couple of weeks back.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
More pitching from Mark would be nice. The real question though, is whether Mark has actually improved or is this a one time deal?

I don't think we'll be able to tell which Buehrle we'll get the rest of this year. Obviously, I'm just hoping for the best each start out there, but I'm not going 100 pct either way on the Buehrle bandwagon.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
At this point, it's only one game. Right now I'm just thinking "fluke." I've seen this game before: Vazquez @ Toronto and Jose vs. Detroit a couple of weeks back.

I agree, he needs to do it again, but he has to start somewhere. It's nice it's against the Twins. It's also great that we have our best D out there to prevent unearned runs.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)

He has a good gameplan. Today he's throwing some fastballs up, but making sure they are out of the strike zone. An 88 MPH fastball up is very tempting to hitters but still not easy to catch up to if it is well located. It reminds me a lot of how he pitched in that 90 minute game against Seattle.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 07:45 PM)
I agree, he needs to do it again, but he has to start somewhere. It's nice it's against the Twins. It's also great that we have our best D out there to prevent unearned runs.

When you have non-strikeout pitchers, defense is overrated.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 11:42 AM)

I'll believe Mark is back when he starts consistently getting ahead of hitters again. But this start is a HUGE step forward in my opinion, especially with the way Count is struggling to deal with Fidel's illness.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)

We both know it's not a permanent change so I can't get too excited about it. We might see this unit out there once next week.