Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Starting pitching upgrade and post season hero available...

I can not cheer for David Wells or any team he plays for. I'll take Lance Broadway the rest of the way as opposed to 2 s***ty starts from Wells followed by an extended DL stint and constant b****ing.

If they haven't even considered McCarthy in the rotation, I doubt they would consider Wells, although he has been pretty good as of late. I think someone will actually give up a decent prospect for him. Maybe the Mets.

The only reason I might even be open to this is that some people on this starting pitching staff seem to need a real big kick in the ass, and David Wells is that.

But I would actually feel more confident with the pitching staff we have now in the playoffs than one with David Wells on it. He's giving up a ton of hits, he's old, he's already spent a ton of time on the DL, he wouldn't come for free, and his ERA would barely be an improvement over Garcia and Vazquez.

The only person I could tolerate him replacing would be Cotts, and if it comes down to it, Logan might be a significantly better option.

he's going to the national league, because of his pitching record in that league and the fact that several teams will get into a bidding war for him

even if it was somehow realistic, no way would Kenny bring that guy back to this organization

He's pitched well over the past month, but it's just a matter of time before his fat ass goes back on the DL. And even if he wasn't a clubhouse cancer, McCarthy in the rotation and Cotts/Thornton 'pen are better options at this point.

If they have some kind of "keg race" or "case race" to break the tiebreaker for the Wild Card, then David Wells is the man.

Otherwise, no...

He'll probably be the difference maker in the NL Wild card race as I think he'll go to the Pads, although the Dodgers also have some interest and could nab him. We know he likes San Diego and the Pads have always been fans of Boomer.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
Does this mean the Red Sox are packing it in?

It sure looks like it, and can you blame them one bit?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
It sure looks like it, and can you blame them one bit?

But I thought read somewhere that they were in better shape than the White Sox...

:lolhitting

we already tried the david wells experiment, when he was a better pitcher too.

I'll pass

I'm surprised the Red Sox are out of it now.

I guess that five-game sweep by the Yanks was the dagger.

Those fans must be beside themselves.

I would love to have him. He would be a great addition to the team's playoff chances.

Wait, this is futuresox.com and we're talking for the Knights aren't we? :D

No way. Pass. Let some NL team have him,

what the f***, this thread is hilarious... no way in f***ing hell that wells ever comes back to the sox after the way his first visit went.

the fat f***.

Other than Terrell Owens and Barry Bonds, I can't immediately think of an athlete I hate more than David Wells. No freakin' way I want him in town. Fat tub of goo with a horrible mustache.

no. Wells looks like the LH version of Russ Ortiz. No help for the rotation or the bullpen. Boone Logan would be a better fit than Wells for Sept.

Looks like the Padres are the front runners, hometown thing.

Is this the Red Sox giving up? It sure seems like it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
If they haven't even considered McCarthy in the rotation, I doubt they would consider Wells, although he has been pretty good as of late. I think someone will actually give up a decent prospect for him. Maybe the Mets.

I heard the Padres were close to a deal. I am thinking it was supposed to be done by tonight.