Starting pitching upgrade and post season hero available...

southsider2k5

The only reason I might even be open to this is that some people on this starting pitching staff seem to need a real big kick in the ass, and David Wells is that.

But I would actually feel more confident with the pitching staff we have now in the playoffs than one with David Wells on it. He's giving up a ton of hits, he's old, he's already spent a ton of time on the DL, he wouldn't come for free, and his ERA would barely be an improvement over Garcia and Vazquez.

The only person I could tolerate him replacing would be Cotts, and if it comes down to it, Logan might be a significantly better option.

He's pitched well over the past month, but it's just a matter of time before his fat ass goes back on the DL. And even if he wasn't a clubhouse cancer, McCarthy in the rotation and Cotts/Thornton 'pen are better options at this point.

I would love to have him. He would be a great addition to the team's playoff chances.

Wait, this is futuresox.com and we're talking for the Knights aren't we? :D

No way. Pass. Let some NL team have him,

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
If they haven't even considered McCarthy in the rotation, I doubt they would consider Wells, although he has been pretty good as of late. I think someone will actually give up a decent prospect for him. Maybe the Mets.

I heard the Padres were close to a deal. I am thinking it was supposed to be done by tonight.