And that's a White Sox loser

Jordan4life_2007

Terrible series all-around. I don't care that we won 2 of 3. We played like s***. Another golden opportunity to gain ground on the Tigers is blown. The Royals take 2/3 from the Twins and we can only gain a game on them. This team seems incapable of going on any kind of extended run. I also don't feel good at all about this upcoming series with the Royals. I actually expect us to lose 2 of 3.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
Terrible series all-around. I don't care that we won 2 of 3. We played like s***. Another golden opportunity to gain ground on the Tigers is blown. The Royals take 2/3 from the Twins and we can only gain a game on them. This team seems incapable of going on any kind of extended run. I also don't feel good at all about this upcoming series with the Royals. I actually expect us to lose 2 of 3.

Our offense just goes into hibernation against the worst pitching!

f***ing pathetic effort all around.

You have a lead going into the 8th inning against the Devil Rays, you HAVE to finish off that game. You have to. Dionner (sp?) f***ing Navarro? Are you kidding me?

Sox hitters in the ninth and tenth had three times where we got ahead in the count. Lugo fell behind Pierzynski 3-0. McClung -- of the 110 hits in 90 IP ilk, not to mention a s***load of walks -- falls behind Mackowiak 3-0 and Podsednik 2-0. How many hits? None. McClung is horses***, and he mows us down 1-2-3, not even letting our MVP get a chance to swing the bat.

This is one terrible loss.

Pull and lift.

Someone needs to tell Paulie Pull only that right field I repeat is not out.

Crappy no nothing pitchers that will get rocked their next start dominate us, because our guys are thinking Dan Ryan.

Nice job O. You really have done your job.

The best offense in baseball the first half, then poof we fell in love with the dong and we have been inconsistant since.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
I wonder if they realize that they can win the division if they actually tried.

Why does this game matter...they consistently state that every game isn't the end of the world right now. If Tampa played any defense this series, we would have been swept. I'm so glad we hit Delmon to start the series...we really showed him.

Offense was pathetic. Podsednik is a liability. I don't get the desire to let him hit and to take Anderson out. Pods was 0 for 9 in the last two games of this series with 5 strikeouts and 3 dribblers and a pop out.

Anderson is one guy who is hitting, he is having great at bats...but we keep rolling Podsednik out there like this? I don't get it.

The pitching until McCarthy was adequate to have won this game. You hold Tampa Bay to 3 runs you got to win the game. Thats just typical though. We need a win to sweep and to get on a roll and to more importantly cut the lead to 3.5 and we blow it, totally hosed.

I think based on the way this team plays, we will NOT sweep kansas city this weekend. the ONLY saving grace about that series is the game Mark Redmond pitches we are likely not to see Scott Podsednik. If we can beat RunnyNose tomorrow then we should be good for 2 out of 3, but this team simply isn't good enough nor are they managed well enough to actually sweep many teams....oh wait, except Detroit, we can sweep them, but then split with KC and fail on a sweep of Tampa Bay.

This team is confounding at times. Twins play Yankees so I doubt we lose ground to them. But thankfully, September is tomorrow and maybe thats the month our team actually starts playing like World Champions, if not we'll be lucky to make it to the playoffs.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
What did he do this time? He brought the Great Brandon McCarthy in . . .

Pods, plain and simple. He has looked terrible at the plate lately. You can't play the matchup game in that situation. BA should have had an opportunity to hit and Mac should have pinch hit for Pods

QUOTE(Wealz @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
What did he do this time? He brought the Great Brandon McCarthy in . . .

He brought in McDougal one batter too late, he pinch hit for the wrong person in the bottom of the 10th just to name 2 things. He doesn't really seem to have a clue.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 05:17 PM)
Why does this game matter...they consistently state that every game isn't the end of the world right now. If Tampa played any defense this series, we would have been swept. I'm so glad we hit Delmon to start the series...we really showed him.

I'm glad we hit Young because it probably prevented him from hitting a homer...which he had to wait two more at bats to do.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)
Gotta love the pitch calling by AJ/whoever in the 10th. Man on 2nd, no outs, 1-2 count and you throw a changeup to a left handed hitter? Idiotic.

He's the most overrated player on our team now...which sucks because he was easily the most underrated guy on the team last year.