And that's a White Sox loser

Jordan4life_2007

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(valponick @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
He brought in McDougal one batter too late, he pinch hit for the wrong person in the bottom of the 10th just to name 2 things. He doesn't really seem to have a clue.

How do you know he brought MacDougal in one batter too late?

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
Yeah. And the fact that he's pitched so badly lately leads us to take him out after the 6th, go to Thornton in the 7th (not the 8th). Whatever. Just aggravating as hell.

That Tampa lineup was pathetic today....it shows how much our pitching sucks when they get more than 10 hits and 3 of our 4 pitchers allow a run to them.

What's killing me about Ozzie--and I try not to armchair--is why in God's name Pods is in the lineup.

What exactly does he contribute?

-Stealing? Nope.

-Hitting? Nope.

-Leadoff spark man? Nope.

-Fielding? Pfft.

Why not put Mack in LF and leave BA alone for God's sake. I'd rather see Mack lead off than Pods at this point.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
And one of those runs shouldn't even have scored. This team makes my head hurt.

PK said in the paper he doesn't like to DH, as he gets fatigued from swinging so much in between innings. Since he's a vastly superior defensive player to Gload, we need to keep him on the field.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
How do you know he brought MacDougal in one batter too late?

Thornton had already pitched 1 1/3 innings when he gave up the bomb and a righty was coming up, we were up by 1 run and had a chance to make up a game on the Tigers and keep our distance from the Twins, he should have and could have used his bullpen better.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
The swings these players are taking in walkoff situations is absolutely embarrassing.

I couldn't agree more. It seems to be the norm now if the game is tied late, everyone tries to be the hero taking wicked cut to go for the big hr instead of just looking to get on base. These AB's late in a tied game are just pathetic. The only one I do exempt is when Konerko went for it after Dye's hr. on Saturday.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
PK said in the paper he doesn't like to DH, as he gets fatigued from swinging so much in between innings. Since he's a vastly superior defensive player to Gload, we need to keep him on the field.

I call bulls*** on Pauly.

Tell him to stop thinking pull every god damn time he swings the bat. If the ball is consistantly thrown low and away you can in fact hit it to right or up the middle. Pulling it to the 3rd baseman is not going to do anything.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 05:22 PM)

Agree. Konerko is our first baseman, he is not our first baseman by default. He needs to be on the field, not Gload. I don't mind giving him a spell at DH, but he needs to play first base, because he is paid to do it... and we have to do something with Podsednik, he is the worst leadoff hitter in baseball right now

Let's take a gander at the positive... If we're still shooting for the division, we didn't lose any ground and Detriot has 3 with the Angels coming up.

The Twins pick up one on us, but are still behind, and have 3 against the fairly hot Yankees coming up.

We have 3 with the Royals coming up... The next 3 days can give us a nice buffer zone on the Twins and help us inch closer to The Tigers before we hit our more difficult end of the year.

QUOTE(valponick @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
Thornton had already pitched 1 1/3 innings when he gave up the bomb and a righty was coming up, we were up by 1 run and had a chance to make up a game on the Tigers and keep our distance from the Twins, he should have and could have used his bullpen better.

Navarro is a switch hitter who is much better from the left side, so I have no clue what the hell you're talking about. Leaving in Thornton was the right call.

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 05:24 PM)
We have 3 with the Royals coming up... The next 3 days can give us a nice buffer zone on the Twins and help us inch closer to The Tigers before we hit our more difficult end of the year.

This team will not sweep the Royals. We will gain no ground this weekend on Detroit....could pickup on the twins as the Yankees miss Santana.

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
Let's take a gander at the positive... If we're still shooting for the division, we didn't lose any ground and Detriot has 3 with the Angels coming up.

The Twins pick up one on us, but are still behind, and have 3 against the fairly hot Yankees coming up.

The tigers lost playing the Yankees, we lost playing the Rays at home. We are 4 1/2 out with 30 left to play.

What in our play against the Royals this season gives you the idea that we will be able to build a buffer.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
Post ASB, our offense is 7th in runs scored in the AL.

Gee I wonder why that is.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
Gee I wonder why that is.

Because we tried to make this like last year, and didn't upgrade at the trade deadline. Meanwhile, we have the worst LF situation in all of baseball.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
There's no way this game is on Ozzie. Our guys play with so little intensity in these games that it's sickening.

Jerry Manuel was fired for the lack of intensity. FWIW, I'm not blaming Ozzie for today's loss. He made his typical dumb decisions, but you have got to score more than 3 runs against the caliber of pitchers we faced today.

Edited by fathom

Did you really expect to sweep Tampa Bay?

With our inconsistent team?

Our bullpen sucked, including the great Brandon McCarthy who will get a free

pass from critics cause Ozzie has misued him so much.

Just get the job done.

And we blow the lead with four outs to go?

We're just not that good.

And by the way, we would have won the game had Thome been able to play

today for all the Thome haters.