And that's a White Sox loser

Jordan4life_2007

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
The problem is that we have 3 games left with KC...and then we have a killer schedule the rest of the way. The Twins and Tigers have a much easier schedule than we do the rest of this season. If we go on the west coast and play the way we're doing now, we won't win a game against the Angels or A's.

That's why the next 3 games are very important. if we're a few up on the Twins, we've got a chance to hold onto something close to that before we see them at the end of the year.

edit: can't expect 2 sweeps in favor of us.

Edited by PlunketChris

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
Navarro is a switch hitter who is much better from the left side, so I have no clue what the hell you're talking about. Leaving in Thornton was the right call.

Navarro hits .259 vs RHP and .289 vs LHP, but you're right he hits much better from the left side.

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
edit: can't expect 2 sweeps in favor of us.

Why.

We are at home, they are a terrible road team. This is the same type of crap I saw posted when we split against KC at home. The worst road team in baseball trots in and takes 2 games. Come on. We could of won this today, but our O is in the 2nd half slumber they usually do.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:49 PM)
Why.

We are at home, they are a terrible road team. This is the same type of crap I saw posted when we split against KC at home. The worst road team in baseball trots in and takes 2 games. Come on. We could of won this today, but our O is in the 2nd half slumber they usually do.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:49 PM)
Why not? I've seen this brought up too much. Tampa & KC get swept all the time.

I meant the Twins/Tigers getting swept and us sweeping.

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
We're playing the Royals.. the worst team in Baseball (though, I think most of you would pin that on the White Sox..) And our two main worries are playing the Yankees and the Angels, both good teams.

Yes, I've watched this team all year, and when we go into games against teams like the Royals, I usually feel like we've got a good chance of winning. And when I see our competition playing teams like the Yankees or Angels, I feel like they've got a better chance to lose. I still feel that these next 3 days will make or break what happens the rest of the year because we're going to need a buffer on atleast the Twins to be able to make it into the playoffs.

We've lost 6 games to the Royals this year. That's all that needs to be said.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 05:15 PM)
What did he do this time? He brought the Great Brandon McCarthy in . . .

Vazquez gets pulled early ........ we go right to the vaunted Thornton and McCarthy and lose. Still it's Ozzie's fault. Ridiculous how our manager gets blamed every time.

I am pretty happy to see Tampa leave town. I feel pretty fortunate to get the two we did. A few things I learned about them while they were here.

1) they have a ton of young talent.

2) Delmon Young is going to be a very, very good ball player.

3) If they could pitch, they would be very tough.

Whatever starter we move next off season, we should be looking at this team for a LF. Crawford is already great and for all his skeletons, Young is worth the risk.

Edited by My Dixie Normus

Face it, this team is incapable of playing any better than what we've seen in the second half. We do not have a lead off hitter and our pitching - starting and relief - is terribly inconsistent.

If they get into the playoffs it will be with help from the Twins and/or Tigers, not because they're going to go on some epic tear. I'm not saying we're going to back in to the playoffs, but get in by the hair of our chinny-chin-chins (if at all).

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 11:00 PM)
Face it, this team is incapable of playing any better than what we've seen in the second half. We do not have a lead off hitter and our pitching - starting and relief - is terribly inconsistent.

If they get into the playoffs it will be with help from the Twins and/or Tigers, not because they're going to go on some epic tear. I'm not saying we're going to back in to the playoffs, but get in by the hair of our chinny-chin-chins (if at all).

We're basically a 6 or 7 man team right now. If Crede, Dye, Garland, MacDougal, or Thornton don't play a big part in the game, we haven't been very good. Guys like PK, Anderson, Thome, and Thornton have had their moments, but they've either been too inconsistent or failed in clutch situations.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
We're basically a 6 or 7 man team right now. If Crede, Dye, Garland, MacDougal, or Thornton don't play a big part in the game, we haven't been very good. Guys like PK, Anderson, Thome, and Thornton have had their moments, but they've either been too inconsistent or failed in clutch situations.

I disagree with you on Anderson.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
I disagree with you on Anderson.

I know he's your messiah, and he's been very solid in the 2nd half of the season. However, he still hasn't been what I would call a "difference maker" on offense. Of course, when you bat in front of the pitcher, it's hard to really produce big numbers. As I've said in other threads, Anderson is the least of our issues right now. I'm so proud of his improvements this season.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
Vazquez gets pulled early ........ we go right to the vaunted Thornton and McCarthy and lose. Still it's Ozzie's fault. Ridiculous how our manager gets blamed every time.

^^^

Even though the Sox played an ugly series, they won two of three, got a quality start out of Javy (when was the last time that happened?), got a decent outing out of Garland, and captured the WC lead. A sweep would've been nice, but it's unrealistic to expect one... even against the Devil Rays. It wasn't pretty, but they won the series. That's good enough for me.

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
Yeah, me too. Anderson has been great scince the ASG given the opportunity. But that is the problem, he doesn't get enough playing time.

When I think of great, I think of what Dye's doing, and how Jenks has been as a closer and Garland since the 2nd month of the season.