Sept 4th Gamethread

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually comical now, how Ozzie keeps hoping against hope. Keeps sending Makowiak to CF despite his own reservations, keeps Podsednik in the lineup ignoring that he simply doesn't have it this year. It's as if he is operating in a daze. He seems to talk himself into thinking that the players underperforming all year will "break out of it" somehow. Or maybe he feels a certain loyalty or something. It is very easy to second guess Ozzie's moves since the team continues to struggle. What I don't understand is why he doesn't "stir the pot" some by playing new faces. I feel bad for Ozzie. It's a tough job to manage in big markets. Every move (or non-move) he makes is scrutinized by a bunch of us who don't know squat about big league managing. Yet somehow I cannot refrain from looking at the season as a whole and wonder why some moves were not made quickly. Bottom line is the players don't have the "stuff" this year. I am sure there are some in that clubhouse thinking, "I got my ring, I'm good to go." Hopefully those players will find new uniforms to wear next year.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
Manny is playing.

Lineups are in.

Usual crew.

Pods, Anderson, Dye all in today.

No subs.

NESN flashed the lineups so I missed the exact order.

Great timing for us to be facing this Red Sox offense....NOT!

Why did we even call up Sweeney if he isn't going to play? This is bulls***. Sorry, but it is. We are facing a mediocre pitcher, at best, and with Podsednik still sucking it up and still playing horrible D, he gets the start over Sweeney. This is really starting to piss me off. Either play him, or let him develop more in AAA some more.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)
Why did we even call up Sweeney if he isn't going to play? This is bulls***. Sorry, but it is. We are facing a mediocre pitcher, at best, and with Podsednik still sucking it up and still playing horrible D, he gets the start over Sweeney. This is really starting to piss me off. Either play him, or let him develop more in AAA some more.

Its not that we brought Sweeney up and aren't playing that bothers me (because that happens all the time) but its the fact that Sweeney is clearly the better of two in every department. Play the better player OZ no matter age.