And That's a White Sox Loser

fathom

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jkrem32 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
The "heart" of this team got "transplanted" to Philadelppphia

Oh sweet mother of god. Not this again.

WE ARE NOT LOSING NOW BECAUSE OF A HITTER WHO HIT .245 LAST AUGUST, AND .235 IN SEPTEMBER AND COUDLNT HIT A SLIDER, WHAT AGAIN DID HE HIT IN THE PLAYOFFS, OH THAT WOULD BE NOTHING. '

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
I am not agreeing with him but this team needs to show that it actually wants to win. A subtle thing, in Friday's game when podsednik grounded out to start the 9th, he took one step past the bag and turned to the dugout. If a player is running hard he should be through the bag and to the outfield grass. This team appears to have no heart whatsoever. I want to think they do and keep telling myself they do but I just do not see it. I see no hustle, plenty of wasted at bats. By wasted at bats I mean 2-0 pop ups and 1,2 or 3 pitch at bats. Not making the pitcher work.

The silver lining in all of this is that there is less then four weeks left to have to watch the worthless piece of s*** that is scott podesednik and his tiresome sidekick juan uribe.

The "heart" of this team got "transplanted" to Philadelphia

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
sizemore's dropped ball didn't do anything. this team played better when there was no pressure. when they won the division. up until that point they were tight enough to turn a coal to a diamond.

Uh, there was less pressure when the Indians started losing, and that started with Sizemore dropping that ball. It doesn't matter. Turn the page, right?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
It started before Ozzie got here.

Remember how excited the Twins dugout was the whole series two weeks ago? Hell, in the 9th inning of tonight's game, Ozzie was resting his head on his hand in the dugout, and the guys by the ledge looked like they were asleep. These guys just need to have fun and stop playing not to lose.

They are pressing and the bats sure seem heavy. The manager just does not seem dedicated to morale, just his own TV show and preparing funny witicisims for his pre ss conferences. This is so Ditka 1986

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
It started before Ozzie got here.

Remember how excited the Twins dugout was the whole series two weeks ago? Hell, in the 9th inning of tonight's game, Ozzie was resting his head on his hand in the dugout, and the guys by the ledge looked like they were asleep. These guys just need to have fun and stop playing not to lose.

They are pressing and the bats sure seem heavy. The manager just does not seem dedicated to morale, just his own TV show and preparing funny witicisims for his pre ss conferences. This is so Ditka 1986

The loss tonight didn't even bother me that much (well, it did. Just not like previous losses have). I have just about accepted the fact that we just don't have 'it' this year. We've been brutal since that series with the Red Sox before the all-star break. This team just lost 'it' at that point. Every team goes through a funk every now and then. But this is well beyond a 1 or 2 week funk. This team has so many problems right now. I don't have to name them. We all know. I guess '05 was indeed just one of those magical seasons that come along once every 50 years or so. Will never be like the Yankees/A's/Braves/Red Sox. Teams that put themselves in position to contend every year. We've molested our farm system. Every team in our division (save the Royals) has potentially dominant starting pitchers on the cusp or on the way. This is shaping up to be a pathetic end to what was once such a promising season.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

Tommorrows pitcher is a rookie, has a plus 6 ERA, and he is left handed.

I am going with he will have a 3 to 5 hitter, with a bunch of ground outs to the left side.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
calm down everyone

it's not over until it's over

more seriously though, its only game one of the series

if we win the series then I'm fine with this

I'm angry that we lost against the royals, but I won't let that anger carry over to this series for now

Your best pitcher vs a bad middle reliever

And you are not angry with this.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
calm down everyone

it's not over until it's over

more seriously though, its only game one of the series

if we win the series then I'm fine with this

I'm angry that we lost against the royals, but I won't let that anger carry over to this series for now

Playing a Red Sox team without Ortiz or a handful of others at full strength, with Julian Taveras starting, and only having to score 3 runs in 9 innings to win, and not being able to do it, plus blowing a 9th inning lead, is every bit at pathetic as dropping 2 out of 3 to KC. This isn't 2005, that's for sure.

I really, really, really, really miss Gio Gonzalez, Daniel Haigwood, Tyler Lumsden, and Chris Young right now. Yes, I know hindsight is 20/20. I had no problem trading these guys (save Young) at the time. I was all for winning right now. But with it looking more and more with each passing day that we're gonna be watching the playoffs come October, it's safe to say we traded away a big chunk of our future for nothing.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
I really, really, really, really miss Gio Gonzalez, Daniel Haigwood, Tyler Lumsden, and Chris Young right now. Yes, I know hindsight is 20/20. I had no problem trading these guys (save Young) at the time. I was all for winning right now. But with it looking more and more with each passing day that we're gonna be watching the playoffs come October, it's safe to say we traded away a big chunk of our future for nothing.

I've said it a 1000 times, the Vazquez trade will be KW's worst ever. He can't do much worse. A lot of people point to Vazquez's record, but his record is crap considering he has had the lead in all but 2 starts, and sometimes he had the lead 3 times in the same game.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
I've said it a 1000 times, the Vazquez trade will be KW's worst ever. He can't do much worse. A lot of people point to Vazquez's record, but his record is crap considering he has had the lead in all but 2 starts, and sometimes he had the lead 3 times in the same game.

I never liked the trade from the beginning. I just knew where Kenny was coming from. So I accepted it (like I had a choice). I figured if he (Javy) could win 15+games, 4.00-4.25 era, 200 or so K's, and, of course, we get into the playoffs -- it would be worth it. I think it's safe to say it wasn't worth it.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)

I agree and now we can sit back and wait for KW's new book--"How to Build and Tear Down a World Champion"

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
regardless of stats, taverez threw a good game, our hitters didn't look like they had a horrendous approach, they just couldn't muster a hit and sometimes that happens

its a shame it was tonight, but I won't be angry about it until we lose another game in the series

Anyone tonight could of thrown a good game against our team.

You want to beat the whitesox. Here is the formula. Spot a fastball, 83 to whatever low and away. Do this until you get to 2 strikes. Once every 10 or so pitches bust them inside, off the plate of course. Then on 2 strikes, bounce a breaking ball in.

You do that and you can shut them down.

This is what he did. He threw low and away, and our pull hitters took care of themselves. This is a formula that has beaten the chicago whitesox for years late in the season. In fact we got rid of "selfish" players who tried to hit homers when all we needed is a single, replaced them with spray hitters and grinders who magically seem to have the same exact problem as the guys before.

QUOTE(jkrem32 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
I agree and now we can sit back and wait for KW's new book--"How to Build and Tear Down a World Champion"

I won't go that far. I still put about 95% of this team's failures on Ozzie, the coaching staff and the players. It's just that Young trade hurts. It really hurts.

I just find it amazing that Frank Thomas has really turned it on for a great 2nd half team, and Thome (who's always been a great 2nd half player) isn't playing as well as he could be.

My gawd, I love Frank as well but Thome hit the game tying homer tonight?

He's been playing hurt.

Thome ain't our problem ain't even close to being a problem.

p.s. Flame me all you want, but Aaron Guiel might have been a nice pickup if KW and

Oz felt they needed to platoon with BA.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
I won't go that far. I still put about 95% of this team's failures on Ozzie, the coaching staff and the players. It's just that Young trade hurts. It really hurts.

Point the finger in the direction it should be pointed--KW traded Young, whose future is "unknown" but has potential for a player with a "known" past that defined him as a 500 pitcher. He gets paid to not make these mistakes.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 4, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
My gawd, I love Frank as well but Thome hit the game tying homer tonight?

He's been playing hurt.

Thome ain't our problem ain't even close to being a problem.

p.s. Flame me all you want, but Aaron Guiel might have been a nice pickup if KW and

Oz felt they needed to platoon with BA.

So does Jenks suck now? Afterall, he blew a pivotal game tonight.

Noppe. Jenks did blow the game but he's been good all year, unlike Thornton,

Cotts and MacD who I can't believe some are so infatuated with.

And Jenks didn't completely blow it. He only gave up the one run. We still

coulda won it, but nooooo BMac comes in and BAM!

But he's being misused so he's getting a free pass from some.

Edited by greg775