9/7/06 Game Thread

MHizzle85

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
Joe out with a bad back.

That's not good. The news gets better though, as Hafner's expected back after missing the past few games.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
Ozuna, 3B; Iguchi, 2B; Dye, RF; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Mack, LF; Uribe, SS; BA, CF; Alomar, C. Buehrle on the mound.

Mackowiak in LF against a lefty? That makes no sense. We might as well put Ozuna in LF, and Cintron at 3B. Nice to see Ozzie can't even keep his decisions straight, as he said Sweeney would be playing tonight. This is an awful lineup we have tonight.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
That's not good. The news gets better though, as Hafner's expected back after missing the past few games.

Mackowiak in LF against a lefty? That makes no sense. We might as well put Ozuna in LF, and Cintron at 3B. Nice to see Ozzie can't even keep his decisions straight, as he said Sweeney would be playing tonight. This is an awful lineup we have tonight.

Did I hear correctly that Ozzie said Sweeney reminded him of himself? If he did, I saw Ozzie play a lot and I don't see it. How can a slap hitting, slick fielding, no patience hitter be compared to Ryan Sweeney?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)

I expected to see Sweeney as well. UGH.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
Beck- I am curious what the "Playoffs of Bust" are. Is that like a topless show or something? If so, sign me up.

Nothing that interesting. Just a show of support for the sox making the playoffs when they were sliding. Still time to sign up [anytime up to the clinch date of getting the division or wild card].

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:49 PM)
Exhibit number 200 this season of why it's been inexcusable to not acquire another back-up righty outfielder.

The lack of a decent 5th OFer is not the reason the sox find themselves 1/2 game out of making the playoffs.

Reason #1 why Mack is in LF vs. Lee: 4 for 6 lifetime

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp...=4&sort=avg

QUOTE(beck72 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
Nothing that interesting. Just a show of support for the sox making the playoffs when they were sliding. Still time to sign up [anytime up to the clinch date of getting the division or wild card].

The lack of a decent 5th OFer is not the reason the sox find themselves 1/2 game out of making the playoffs.

4th OF and it very well could be.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)
4th OF and it very well could be.

The lack of a starting LFer and leadoff man, maybe. But the lack of a 4th Ofer has cost the sox few games this yr compared to the lack of production at the top of the lineup.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 06:11 PM)

The lack of a starting LFer and leadoff man, maybe. But the lack of a 4th Ofer has cost the sox few games this yr compared to the lack of production at the top of the lineup.

Well if a lack of a 4th OF has cost the Sox even 1 game this season then that is in fact why they are .5 back in WC race as opposed to .5 up on the Twins.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
Alright, No Hafner, and Victor is behind the dish. I say 3 SB's for Pablo...

I would have liked to see Pods play, as funny as that sounds. It's ok though, I don't mind seeing Mackowiak over him (since we have to play a lefty in LF tonight).