9/7/06 Game Thread

MHizzle85

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
All of the indians hits were duck snorts and lucky hits. The homers were due to a cyclovortex devilwinds that blow from time to time when our pitching happens to throw.

The umps are screwing us because of jealousy of the best manager in the game, our hitting guru is just one adustment away from having this team go on a legendary run of unpresidented offense, and Cooper is like the dog whisperer and will chant into the arms and no hitters are a coming.

We are going to win at least 20 in a row its coming.

Now am I a good poster now.

You're coming around. A few more and the rest of the good posters can safely return to the gamethreads.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
And that's all Ozzie's fault.

Do you honestly think Buehrle would have given up those runs if jerry manuel was still the manager??

Sleep the bench players would of creeped out only on Sundays if Manuel was here. As bad as our pitching has been, playing our starters less than 25% of the time is baseball retarded. I hated Manuel and didnt like that he basically was giving up once a week. Then Ozzie made it more like 3 times a week.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:49 AM)
what'd he say

Basically what I just said. He said KW should have upgraded in LF, and he questioned why is Ozzie already talking about how he's to blame if they don't miss the playoffs. It wasn't a "bashing" article at all.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
And that's all Ozzie's fault.

Do you honestly think Buehrle would have given up those runs if jerry manuel was still the manager??

No way, he would have given up a lot more. Ozzie being the manager probably saved him 4 or 5 runs.

QUOTE(GOD @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:50 AM)
I know the game is probably over but why is Ozzie pulling the good starters. I mean you never know and at this point we neeed every game.

We have one good starter in this game tonight. I'm happy he was pulled, no reason to risk injury.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:50 AM)
No way, he would have given up a lot more. Ozzie being the manager probably saved him 4 or 5 runs.

I love how Ozzie gets all the credit for trusting his pitchers and leaving them in for so long. However, those same people who say how great he handles the starters seem to neglect that all those innings pitched could easily be leading to the fatigue we've seen.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
We have one good starter in this game tonight. I'm happy he was pulled, no reason to risk injury.

I love how Ozzie gets all the credit for trusting his pitchers and leaving them in for so long. However, those same people who say how great he handles the starters seem to neglect that all those innings pitched could easily be leading to the fatigue we've seen.

your missing the point. At this point in the season we can't just give up on games like we have done tonight since the 6th inning.

QUOTE(GOD @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:52 AM)
your missing the point. At this point in the season we can't just give up on games like we have done tonight since the 6th inning.

Yes you can. The chances of a comeback are extremely slim.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 02:53 AM)
I thought mr. pessimism never made jokes.

I think my title of Mr. Pessimism has been overthrown by numerous people on this site.

A few bloops, and a blast, and a few more bloops and another blast and we can win it.

Grinder rule number -89: You cant hit home runs, unless you swing for them.

Grinder rule number -40: Hitting the other way is for sissies.

Grinder rule number -70: Our backups have more ABs than some of your starters.

no one should get frustrated anymore. this is the team we've had all year. no surprises. i'm just sitting back, relaxin, and shruggin my shoulders

A few bloops, and a blast, and a few more bloops and another blast and we can win it.

Grinder rule number -89: You cant hit home runs, unless you swing for them.

Grinder rule number -40: Hitting the other way is for sissies.

Grinder rule number -70: Our backups have more ABs than some of your starters.

you forgot

Grinder Rule Number -13: Ozzie won a title...NEVER QUESTION HIM

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
no one should get frustrated anymore. this is the team we've had all year. no surprises. i'm just sitting back, relaxin, and shruggin my shoulders

It would have been a whole lot easier if this wasn't a team filled with underachievers.