9/7/06 Game Thread

MHizzle85

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
This game is going as expected. Buehrle's getting rocked and the offense will likely have trouble scoring. All that stuff about us turning a corner yesterday was nonsense.

Well we certainly can't beat a lefty with this lineup. Fields should be on a plane tonight. But Ozzie has to take the blame for putting our worst hitter against lefties in LF. Pods is better.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
Well we certainly can't beat a lefty with this lineup. Fields should be on a plane tonight. But Ozzie has to take the blame for putting our worst hitter against lefties in LF. Pods is better.

Is Fields even up here, or is he still in Charlotte? I thought he was staying for the playoffs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
Even though the Red Sox returned their main guys, I think it's safe to say they were quite rusty at the plate. :ph34r:

Well, I don't know about that. Contreras did look good so I'm hopeful there, but Buehrle's was fortunate not to get killed his last start. I knew he'd serve up his meatballs tonight. Offensively, we got out to a lead and then we're best when playing without any pressure. I see a horrible approach tonight.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
Wow, a really bad lineup:

BA vs LHP

Dye .352

Ozuna .336

Konerko .331

Iguchi .251

Thome .248

Uribe .239

Alomar .217

Mackowiak .213

Anderson .211

when u think about it though, with the exception of thome and gooch, the others arent really that good of hitters overall anyways.

QUOTE(G&T @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 12:57 AM)
Is Fields even up here, or is he still in Charlotte? I thought he was staying for the playoffs.

He is still in Charlotte, but if Crede's going to miss a few days due to his back, he should be up with the big team.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
when u think about it though, with the exception of thome and gooch, the others arent really that good of hitters overall anyways.

If it's possible, Brian Anderson has become an overrated .230 hitter. I'm still optimistic he'll turn into a good hitter, but he's hitting a very soft .230 this season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
He is still in Charlotte, but if Crede's going to miss a few days due to his back, he should be up with the big team.

If it's possible, Brian Anderson has become an overrated .230 hitter. I'm still optimistic he'll turn into a good hitter, but he's hitting a very soft .230 this season.

BA is back in his slump. I think the league has adjusted back to him.

Buerhle comes home for a bad back, and gets an MRI. And then we allow him to start. So it was bad enough to warrant an MRI.

Crapball tonight.

The worst possible fielder on the field at third, outside of letting pods play 3rd and they are exploiting him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
Anyone know what Sandy's CERA is this season with the Sox?

He's mostly been catching Mark, which scews the stat since he's sucked no matter who's catching.