" Tortured screams ring out as Iraqis take over Abu Ghraib "

samclemens

If you want to call mass executions and torture of any kind stability, then by all means Iraq IS stable. And they get stabler every time a bomb goes off in Baghdad - because that's a mass execution too.

How about whether or not the Iraqi government can deliver mail. It seems to me that the best sign of stability is based on whether or not a country has a functioning postal system. Everyone issues stamps, but only the stable governments make good on them.

Isn't it nice to know that thousands of US service men and women died so these people could rule their own country? Let's see, we invaded because Saddam was torturing citizens and had WMD, after we invade, they are still torturing citizens and we didn't find any WMD. That's improvement Mr. President. As usual, the conservative press will not report this because it would make Bush look bad right before elections.

Its progress of a sort. A very small bit of progress. I just think we aren't ready for that transition yet. I don't think Iraq is stable enough at this point for any sort of withdrawal - in fact I think we need to bolster our levels there, and do more than we are doing. This is where I diverge from the Dems on this issue.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)
Isn't it nice to know that thousands of US service men and women died so these people could rule their own country? Let's see, we invaded because Saddam was torturing citizens and had WMD, after we invade, they are still torturing citizens and we didn't find any WMD. That's improvement Mr. President. As usual, the conservative press will not report this because it would make Bush look bad right before elections.

Texsox, our political views aside we 100% agree on something. No sarcasm intended.

QUOTE(samclemens @ Sep 11, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
I thought mugs on you all's side might have a pleasant outlook on this, since this is a withdrawl. seriously, you all dont consider this progress?

I don't consider a blanket withdrawal to be progress. I don't consider a legacy of another failed state in a difficult political region to be progress.