Twins vs. A's - 9/13/06

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE(loltrain @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
Liriano injured again

Not surprising

Twins are stupid for even trying to pitch him again. It's not worth ruining him forever, which I'm guessing after today he is done for the season.

Hopefully he didn't tear anything.

Yeah, I had a feeling that was going to be the end result of him pitching today/down the stretch.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
I knew it. I told my cat, "He's throwing too many sliders." He was probably rushed back (by himself), too.

Get better soon, Francisco.

It'll be more interesting to see if, given an offeseason, he can get past this injury, or whether it'll wind up becoming a chronic, Mark Prior/Kerry Wood type set of problems for him, where changing something to avoid hurting his elbow winds up hurting another part of him, etc.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
Yeah, I had a feeling that was going to be the end result of him pitching today/down the stretch.

It'll be more interesting to see if, given an offeseason, he can get past this injury, or whether it'll wind up becoming a chronic, Mark Prior/Kerry Wood type set of problems for him, where changing something to avoid hurting his elbow winds up hurting another part of him, etc.

I think Prior's problem is between his legs, between his ribcage and between his hear.

It's about ganas in his case, IMO.

Liriano is going to have chronic elbow problems if he doesn't take better care of his mechanics, IMO. That's always been the knock against him.

I wish he wouldn't, though, because I love to see the best players on the field at any given moment. I hate to see someone get hurt.

Especially since I destroyed my knee yesterday.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
I think Prior's problem is between his legs, between his ribcage and between his hear.

It's about ganas in his case, IMO.

Liriano is going to have chronic elbow problems if he doesn't take better care of his mechanics, IMO. That's always been the knock against him.

That is the major reason Minny was able to get him in the Nathan deal. His stuff has never been the question, but with horrible mechanics like that, it was always about, "when is his elbow going to pop"?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
wow, we all know he rushed back, and look what happened. Pop goes the elbow.

they didn't rush him back. He has a flaw in his mechanics that will always cause this elbow problem. And until that is fixed, I would be shocked if he'll ever be healthy again.

I made a post right after his initial injury that I thought he'd maybe get 1 or 2 more starts and then he'd get hurt again and would be out for the year, you could pretty much see this coming. Liriano is a stud but he's going to have injury problems throughout his career.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
I made a post right after his initial injury that I thought he'd maybe get 1 or 2 more starts and then he'd get hurt again and would be out for the year. Liriano is a stud but he's going to have injury problems throughout his career.

yep. his arm lags a bit too far behind, causing it to whip too much. If he learns to control himself and drop a few miles from his fastball, he'll be very good. Until then, anyone talking about the Twins having two aces and being the favorite to run away isn't paying much attention. none of these injuries should come as a surprise to anyone.