White Sox are Done

korntownballa

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been skeptical of our playoff chances for several weeks. It's been apparent to anyone closing monitoring this team they're too inconsistent as a unit to sustain a winning streak.

When the days began winding down, our problems were still obvious on the field (and Guillens head), it became obvious this team wasn't going anywhere in October.

Of the suggestions you noted, the one I'd object to -- because it's unlikely -- is trading Thome. Who can we expect to replace his production?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 06:13 PM)
It really is over. They're still playing at the same level they've been playing at since the end of June. They're just not going to put it together. They simply won't make the playoffs.

I can't take these pessimistic posts anymore. What's wrong with you? ARE YOU IN OR OUT!!!!??

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 06:01 PM)
I've been skepticle of our playoff chances for several weeks. It's been apparent to anyone closing monitoring this team they're too inconsistent as a unit to sustain a winning streak.

When the days began winding down, our problems were still obvious on the field (and Guillens head), it became obvious this team wasn't going anywhere in October.

Of the suggestions you noted, the one I'd object to -- because it's unlikely -- is trading Thome. Who can we expect to replace his production?

Sweeney to RF, Dye as the DH

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 06:11 PM)
The season's not over. Do I think we'll make the playoffs? no. But we are only 2 behind Minny and 4 behind Detroit with three games against each. We will probably be at home in October, but I'm not giving up yet.

We're 2.5 and 4.5 back of Twins and Tigers repectively...

Edited by korntownballa

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
That would be an insane downgrade in our offensive productivity. I believe our pitching will improve with McCarthy, but not to the point where we can replace Thome with Ryan freaking Sweeney.

i wish we had frank thomas for this year and the future... just imagine him hitting his 500th in sox uni... KW is dumb

QUOTE(korntownballa @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
Sweeney to RF, Dye as the DH

We're 2.5 and 4.5 back of Twins and Tigers repectively...

I was talking at the begining of the day.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
If we miss the playoffs, do you think Ozzie gets the ax for everything that's happened this year??

No

Ozzie bought himself a grace period with the championship. Unless he steps down, he's here at least another year whether we like it or not. Plus he's Jerry's guy.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 06:31 PM)
This move should've been made a long time ago, and it should've been Vazquez. Now, I'd say maybe Buerhle or Jose.

You would have jumped to conclusions after 2 bad months of pitching to move McCarthy into the rotation for Vazquez. How much worse off would the Sox have been if they'd listened to you?

There's a reason the rotation is what it is.

McCarthy isn't stretched out enough to start right now anyways, so it would be pointless to try and make him into a starter this late in the season.

You would have jumped to conclusions after 2 bad months of pitching to move McCarthy into the rotation for Vazquez. How much worse off would the Sox have been if they'd listened to you?

There's a reason the rotation is what it is.

McCarthy isn't stretched out enough to start right now anyways, so it would be pointless to try and make him into a starter this late in the season.

Well it was bad managing regardless. When he wasn't stretched out, he should have been piggybacked w/ Vazquez until he was, and even if B-Mac tanks this year, it's progress. He's got more upside than Vazquez. I'd rather tank w/ a kid, than w/ dead weight. If you're going to blow the season, you might as well cut your losses and get him some work heading into 2007.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Sep 16, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
Well it was bad managing regardless. When he wasn't stretched out, he should have been piggybacked w/ Vazquez until he was, and even if B-Mac tanks this year, it's progress. He's got more upside than Vazquez. I'd rather tank w/ a kid, than w/ dead weight. If you're going to blow the season, you might as well cut your losses and get him some work heading into 2007.

Got more upside than Vazquez my ass. The only thing he has on Vazquez is age.

Vazquez has experience and he's got hella ridiculous stuff.

McCarthy's gonna be good, but his stuff does not even compare to Vazquez's.

This team is done. We have made every B-level pitcher look like Walter Johnson. AND, we made truly awful pitchers (Carlos Silve and this year's Barry Zito) beat us.

This team has no balls.

Brandon McCarthy...sucks.

Boone Logan...REALLY sucks

Jim Thome (in the 3nd half)...sucks

Rpn Machowial (with the bases loaded)...sucks

Sandy Alomar...sucks

The manager that keeps running them out there...sucks

One more thing, the Jermaine Dye for MVP thing was over about 10 minutes after it started.