White Sox are Done

korntownballa

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:13 AM)
He's not a White Sock anymore, sorry. I don't enjoy seeing anyone doom our playoff hopes.

hey, didnt I say it was "BITTERSWEET"? And I just read an article and Big Frank actually used the same words, "Bittersweet". The irony and reason were talking about Thomas is, well, he helped doom our playoff chances. Hows that for a hollywood ending? Couldnt have been scripted better

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:19 AM)
hey, didnt I say it was "BITTERSWEET"? And I just read an article and Big Frank actually used the same words, "Bittersweet". The irony and reason were talking about Thomas is, well, he helped doom our playoff chances. Hows that for a hollywood ending? Couldnt have been scripted better

Wow. Thats just special. You guys are like, meant to be. I mean, its just special, man.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)

Yea, I'm crying about it. It's the best thing since we figured out you're a Cub fan.

Seriously, you're digging your grave the more you post. It's obvious your allegiance isn't with the Sox now, so why bother?

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:19 AM)

There's no sweetness at all to it. It's pretty much just bitter on this end.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:23 AM)
Yea, I'm crying about it. It's the best thing since we figured out you're a Cub fan.

Seriously, you're digging your grave the more you post. It's obvious your allegiance isn't with the Sox now, so why bother?

again with the "your a cub fan" banter? someone show me proof that Im a cub fan. anything will do.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
again with the "your a cub fan" banter? someone show me proof that Im a cub fan. anything will do.

....and just who is "We figured out ....." ? the only thing I saw this past weekend was a former SOX cementing his status as a Hall Of Famer.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:42 AM)
Well if watching the Sox lose made you "smile every time Frank Thomas just Jammed It to the SOX this weekend", you aren't much of a Sox fan.

HEY. I gave up on these guys in July. That doesnt mean im not a SOX fan. Im still cheering for them. I also said I was DISGUSTED after Saturdays game. Why would I be disgusted if I wasnt a fan? Im about as big a SOX fan there is, and Frank Thomas' weekend was pretty amazing ..................considering most of us saw him do this on a daily basis for all those years he was here. I smiled (again, I used the word bittersweet) because for whoever sat on the fence not sure of Frank being a 1st HOF'er, he sure is now. Heck, some articles even said that was an MVP weekend/season he's had. Sorry, im just not going to Blindly HATE a player because hes not a SOX anymore. Its not like he WANTED to leave ......

Again, Frank is arguably the best player this organization has ever seen ...............

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:50 AM)
Some fan.

So nothing about that Boston series in July troubled you ? anyone else? Hey, if you were more confident in them after that series, more power to you. But I dont think that makes me LESS of a Sox fan. I found that series very Disturbing across the board ...........

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:48 AM)
....and just who is "We figured out ....." ? the only thing I saw this past weekend was a former SOX cementing his status as a Hall Of Famer.

HEY. I gave up on these guys in July. That doesnt mean im not a SOX fan. Im still cheering for them. I also said I was DISGUSTED after Saturdays game. Why would I be disgusted if I wasnt a fan? Im about as big a SOX fan there is, and Frank Thomas' weekend was pretty amazing ..................considering most of us saw him do this on a daily basis for all those years he was here. I smiled (again, I used the word bittersweet) because for whoever sat on the fence not sure of Frank being a 1st HOF'er, he sure is now. Heck, some articles even said that was an MVP weekend/season he's had. Sorry, im just not going to Blindly HATE a player because hes not a SOX anymore. Its not like he WANTED to leave ......

Again, Frank is arguably the best player this organization has ever seen ...............

No one says you have to hate him, but he can get his home runs another time. Frank's the reason I, along with a lot of other people my age are White Sox fans. Doesn't mean I want him to get a single hit off of the Sox.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
So nothing about that Boston series in July troubled you ? anyone else? Hey, if you were more confident in them after that series, more power to you. But I dont think that makes me LESS of a Sox fan. I found that series very Disturbing across the board ...........

Nothing kills a team more than dropping 2 out of 3 before the All-Star break.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
No one says you have to hate him, but he can get his home runs another time. Frank's the reason I, along with a lot of other people my age are White Sox fans. Doesn't mean I want him to get a single hit off of the Sox.

dont get me wrong, I hoped Frank would go 0 for 12, (we win that series) I cant stop Frank, all I can do is when he gives our pitching staff the beat-down, all you can do is APPRECIATE just how good the guy is, and what he did for us ............. he'll always be SOX in my eye, and you know what? He thinks the same thing ...........

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)
Nothing kills a team more than dropping 2 out of 3 before the All-Star break.

Yes. Nothing kills a team more than dropping 2 of 3 before the All Star Break, knowing you were going to have 4 off days in a row, to a team thats Playing very well and up till that point, for the rest of the season, represented the schedule getting much tougher down the stretch. They played lethargically that series and of course, it carried over to the next weekend .............

Seriously Hangar... you're just not making your arguement very well. We're all (mostly) Thomas fans around here... but we certainly don't put him in front of our team. You do. Fine... we get that.

There were warning signs all over the place with this team. Hell, I can argue the opening series of the year, and starting out 1-4 was a warning sign. They didn't have the same fire. But I certainly didn't "give up" on them, nor have I now. I hope they make it, I want them to make it, and I certainly won't talk down on them. Criticize, sure. Talk down? Nope. A few people could learn the difference.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)

There is a difference between criticizing the team, even vehemently... and gleefully enjoying doing so. You seem to be in the latter camp. Do you not see the difference?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
But I certainly didn't "give up" on them, nor have I now. I hope they make it, I want them to make it,

Well, on this note, the SOX are not winning this division. I was holding out hope had we swept the A's.

Wouldve set up the Tigers for a smackdown. The Twinks are going to win the division. The SOX and Tiggers will both try to limp into the wildcard. We need a complete collapse by the Tigers to make the wildcard .................... can it happen? I know this for sure, we cant keep playing the way we have since July .............

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 11:14 AM)
There is a difference between criticizing the team, even vehemently... and gleefully enjoying doing so. You seem to be in the latter camp. Do you not see the difference?

Its not Gleeful. Lets just put a end to that notion. There was only 1 thing to smile about this weekend, and maybe I didnt make the point right, but Frank Thomas cemented his HOF status this weekend in my eyes.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
Thomas will always be a Sox?. I don't buy that. I appreciate all he did alright - up till 2006. I will always appreciate and smile at what he did - but I could care less what he does now. "Always a Sox" - yeah, hold on to that thought when you see him wearing green during his induction ceremony.

SFF

Thomas wont wear an A's hat in the HOF.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
Thomas will always be a Sox?. I don't buy that. I appreciate all he did alright - up till 2006. I will always appreciate and smile at what he did - but I could care less what he does now. "Always a Sox" - yeah, hold on to that thought when you see him wearing green during his induction ceremony.

SFF

LOL