White Sox are Done

korntownballa

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:06 AM)
Sorry ...........I'm still a FRANK THOMAS FAN, if you couldnt smile watching the Best Sox Hitter ever .....

The name on the front means a crapload more than any name on the back.

I liked Frank, and I am a big Frank Thomas fan( of his playing), but the minute he steps up near the plate against us. I want him struckout silly every single time. I could care less if he was 0-15 against us and booed out of the stadium. He is not a whitesox player anymore. You can cheer for a player, but to get a smile from watching a guy end your teams season is f***ed up.

We should of won this f***ing thing easily if we played to our level. Its our own damn fault we are not in the dance this year. I will not watch the playoff this year, because I will know in my heart that if we played to our level no team in the damn playoffs could of beat this team, if they pitched, hit and played D to their capabilities.

Edited by southsideirish71

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
Thomas will always be a Sox?. I don't buy that. I appreciate all he did alright - up till 2006. I will always appreciate and smile at what he did - but I could care less what he does now. "Always a Sox" - yeah, hold on to that thought when you see him wearing green during his induction ceremony.

SFF

Who gives a s*** what color suit he wears during the ceremony? The Bronze statue will have an S-O-X on it which is all that really matters.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 01:02 PM)
The name on the front means a crapload more than any name on the back.

I liked Frank, and I am a big Frank Thomas fan( of his playing), but the minute he steps up near the plate against us. I want him struckout silly every single time. I could care less if he was 0-15 against us and booed out of the stadium. He is not a whitesox player anymore. You can cheer for a player, but to get a smile from watching a guy end your teams season is f***ed up.

Ummmmmm no. Smiled knowing Frank Thomas cemented HOF status ..............

Don't you guys just love it when Magglio Ordonez beats the hell out of the White Sox? That'll show KW for not signing him, even though he was a huge injury concern and didn't really fit into the teams plans this year. But man, he is just so good...seeing him help the Tigers kill the Sox rally in July just brought a smile to my face. :)

:bang

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
Don't you guys just love it when Magglio Ordonez beats the hell out of the White Sox? That'll show KW for not signing him, even though he was a huge injury concern and didn't really fit into the teams plans this year. But man, he is just so good...seeing him help the Tigers kill the Sox rally in July just brought a smile to my face. :)

:bang

thats really not a good comparison.

one guy wanted a ton of money ........

the other just wanted to stay a Sox forever ................

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
Thomas will always be a Sox?. I don't buy that. I appreciate all he did alright - up till 2006. I will always appreciate and smile at what he did - but I could care less what he does now. "Always a Sox" - yeah, hold on to that thought when you see him wearing green during his induction ceremony.

SFF

WS94H35_W.jpg

Because people have the ability to think in a complex manner. This means that Jermaine Dye can be an offensive powerhouse, but also a defensive liability at times. If I were a six-year-old child, I could see how thinking his offensive numbers meant that he was the greatest all-around player in the history of the team.

True Milkman.

But in my mind there is no perfect ballplayer.

At some point you have to tip your cap to those who have had incredible

seasons and overlook imperfections.

I can't see how anybody could criticize Jermaine Dye unless you are looking

for perfection.

No he is not perfect. is that what the Dye naysayers are trying to say?

OK I admit. Dye is not perfect.

He goes get a solid A for this season however.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
thats really not a good comparison.

one guy wanted a ton of money ........

the other just wanted to stay a Sox forever ................

But if he truly cared about the Sox, he would have realized that the Sox no longer had room for him.

How many times did the Sox go out of their way to satisfy Frank? He had two bad years in a row, followed by a great year, and they rewarded him with a very lucrative contract. They invoked the diminished skills clause, only to end up resigning him to a 1 year deal with 3 mutual options attached. They then retained him after the 2004 season, when it appeared he had a very bad ankle injury that could threaten his career.

The fact remains, he is not a member of the White Sox, yet you were happy to see him pretty much eliminate the Sox from contention. How sick is that?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
The fact remains, he is not a member of the White Sox, yet you were happy to see him pretty much eliminate the Sox from contention. How sick is that?

So I cant cheer for the guy and wish him the best? Thats Foolish talk if you think I want him to beat us every chance he can. Frank is going to hit the SOX and any other team no matter what. Him having a great weekend against us and putting the nail in the SOX coffin is the SOX own fault, they shouldnt have given away all those games this year. I could think of WORSE players getting hits on us. Shoot, I remember Carl Yazstremski crushing a ball into the upper deck of Old Comiskey, in his final at-bat. The homerun pretty much cemented their win against us in the 9th. Know what happened? The 10,000 people or so there ALL GAVE HIM A STANDING OVATION. And he wasnt even a White SOX player.

So those are all bad fans too? Thats Sick alright

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
So I cant cheer for the guy and wish him the best? Thats Foolish talk if you think I want him to beat us every chance he can. Frank is going to hit the SOX and any other team no matter what. Him having a great weekend against us and putting the nail in the SOX coffin is the SOX own fault, they shouldnt have given away all those games this year. I could think of WORSE players getting hits on us.

You were happy for Thomas, the weekend he and the A's basically knocked the Sox out of the playoffs. Again, I ask, how sick is that?

I'm happy as hell the big man is having a great rebound year...that doesn't change the fact that I'm pissed as hell he killed the Sox this weekend.

Shoot, I remember Carl Yazstremski crushing a ball into the upper deck of Old Comiskey, in his final at-bat. The homerun pretty much cemented their win against us in the 9th. Know what happened? The 10,000 people or so there ALL GAVE HIM A STANDING OVATION. And he wasnt even a White SOX player.

Thanks for making me do research I didn't really care to do.

The Sox won the division by 20 games in 1983, which was also Yastremski's last season. You'd be sick not to cheer for one of the greatest players of a generation in a game that means virtually nothing.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
So if it's the Sox's fault for falling apart this past weekend, how exactly did Frank "cement" his HOF spot this weekend?

Frank had his spot waiting in cooperstown for some time now.

cmon man, dont act like your not paying attention to the media. In the offseason, when it became apparent Frank wouldnt be SOX in 06, there was wide speculation as to whether he would be in the HOF.

Stats were thrown around, comparisons made. Sox fans naturally said YES, Media types were split,

some said he needed to have 1 more good year. Frank started badly, but has made an incredible turn-around the last couple of months. Heck, after the weekend, some media outlets said it was an MVP performance .....................

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
So I cant cheer for the guy and wish him the best? Thats Foolish talk if you think I want him to beat us every chance he can. Frank is going to hit the SOX and any other team no matter what. Him having a great weekend against us and putting the nail in the SOX coffin is the SOX own fault, they shouldnt have given away all those games this year. I could think of WORSE players getting hits on us. Shoot, I remember Carl Yazstremski crushing a ball into the upper deck of Old Comiskey, in his final at-bat. The homerun pretty much cemented their win against us in the 9th. Know what happened? The 10,000 people or so there ALL GAVE HIM A STANDING OVATION. And he wasnt even a White SOX player.

That is not sick. It was the first time Big Frank was back in the house and he deserved it for everything he did in Chicago. You rooting him on this weekend is dumb but not surprising.