Sunday GameThread at Oakland

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
I hope KW has enough balls this offseason to tell Ozzie Cora cannot coach 3B.

Can he tell Walker the same thing.

Crede got beat on a slow curve on the outer half that he sort of jabbed at.

Cora sends another runner to his death at home.

And one of Walkers right handed hitters gets pwned on a low and away pitch. Guess what, watch how many more of our right handed hitters get pwned with low and away all day.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you send him? Everyone knows Kotsay's arm is strong as hell and that ball was popped shallow. And I know AJ isn't good at drawing walks but the bases are still loaded and Blanton didn't have great control there.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
Why would you send him? Everyone knows Kotsay's arm is strong as hell and that ball was popped shallow. And I know AJ isn't good at drawing walks but the bases are still loaded and Blanton didn't have great control there.

That's about the 10th time Kotsay's thrown out a Sox runner on the bases. BTW, did anyone hear Hawk and DJ's disgust regarding how Ozzie was bashing Frank prior to this series?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)
Those decisions often are the baserunners.

I just rewound on the TIVO and it looked like Cora was leaning to his right (toward home) and pointing. It was hard to tell because it was on the left side of the screen.

I understand that they are often on the runners, however, given his past discressions I choose to believe that Cora (even if he didn't in this case) would have sent him.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)

The dimunitive latin Waving Wendell will give you some sort of stupid line of it takes a perfect throw, and a perfect relay....blah blah bulls***. Well I have never seen so much perfection from the opposition as I have seen this year then. I mean runners getting thrown out by 45 feet has been seen a few times this year.

Cora is a bad bad third base coach.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
That's about the 10th time Kotsay's thrown out a Sox runner on the bases. BTW, did anyone hear Hawk and DJ's disgust regarding how Ozzie was bashing Frank prior to this series?

Ozzie's act is entertaining when everything is working out. He gets exposed as a very immature loudmouth when things don't go the Sox way.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)
It would be the best thing that could happen to this organization. It's amazing to me how much slack Ozzie's being given lately. It was refreshing to read Phil Rogers' article blast him for the awful managing yesterday.

do you have a link to that article? I would love to read it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
Ozzie's act is entertaining when everything is working out. He gets exposed as a very immature loudmouth when things don't go the Sox way.

The way Jessie Rogers was talking about it yesterday, Ozzie and KW completely disagree on the CF situation.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
do you have a link to that article? I would love to read it.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
Anyone honesetly believe Pierzysnki would have had a basehit?

Not to say he would have done it in that at-bat had Gload not gone, but that home run was pretty sweet. Blanton can't seem to pitch well to lefties, I would have taken my chances with AJ coming to the plate.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 03:29 PM)
Pods and Uribe should be sitting right next to each other on the bench.

Cintron should be starting, and a Mack/Gload mix over at LF.

Cintron should be the SS, and it should be a mixture of Sweeney, Fields, Ozuna, Mackowaik, and Gload in LF.