Impotence

BrandoFan

If you thought Perez, Ben Davis and Corey Lidle to name a few completely shut us down with their C stuff, get a load of this:

after intial doubles, Burkett has hung/layed in there at least 15-20 pitches and only one of them was hammered (Maggs- out)...That is beyond pathetic considering the magnitude of this game.

Fire the hitting coach RIGHT NOW, our hitters are nothing but a bunch nootered mental cases. Sickening.

If you thought Perez, Ben Davis and Corey Lidle to name a few completely shut us down with their C stuff, get a load of this:

after intial doubles, Burkett has hung/layed in there at least 15-20 pitches and only one of them was hammered (Maggs- out)...That is beyond pathetic considering the magnitude of this game. 

Fire the hitting coach RIGHT NOW, our hitters are nothing but a bunch nootered mental cases.  Sickening.

How many hitting coaches will we have to go through before you realize that the hitting coach ISN'T the cause of our hitting woes? :nono

Fire the hitting coach RIGHT NOW, our hitters are nothing but a bunch nootered mental cases.  Sickening.

How many hitting coaches will we have to go through before you realize that the hitting coach ISN'T the cause of our hitting woes? :nono

Have you looked at Lee-Ordonez-Konerko-Daubach-Rios-Crede career numbers?

Notice anything that isn't like the other in terms of OPS production?

Exactly. If its mental, it has nothing to do with Walker. Brando totally contradicts himself.

It's amazing we can get 3 in the first, then jack squat.

But you are right, hitting coaches don't matter. We ought to apologize and bring Ward, back, cause it's the guys holding the lumber, not the coaches.

Our players are the ones who can't hit.

What does that have to do with how they are performing now? Are you suggesting that because they have a new hitting coach, that they are CHANGING whatever it was that was making them have greater success in the past? If you are saying that, you are retarded.

What does that have to do with how they are performing now? Are you suggesting that because they have a new hitting coach, that they are CHANGING whatever it was that was making them have greater success in the past? If you are saying that, you are retarded.

Ever heard of "solution-problem" dichotonomy, my fair lady?

yes, that asnwers the question...typo...didn't expect anything more than that from you.

There is no point in arguing with you. You won't change your opinion even if there is proof in front of your face that you are wrong, so I will not waste my time.

Bottom line -- the Sox have had 2 or 3 hitting coaches since 2000, and our offense is still scuffling. Guess we just don't know how to hire coaches eh?

There is no point in arguing with you.  You won't change your opinion even if there is proof in front of your face that you are wrong, so I will not waste my time.

Guess we just don't know how to hire coaches eh?

Been sucking ws61382's dick much lately? He is running out of knee-jerk banalities to throw at opponents who have proven him wrong (as I have with regard to DJ and Nolan Ryan among other things)...and so obviously are you.

1. You are completely wrong about past accomplishments of these hitters. They've all been quite capable, certainly MUCH better than they are this year. Mental aspect is also the reposnsibility of a hitting coach....not that their mechanics and inadequate pitch-recognizion aren't an issue, mind you....Are you even watching the game?

2. You are clearly not grasping the said dichoTOmy, I've received no coherent response yet. Quit hiding behind...what exactly is your reason for not replying again?

3. If you don't think I change my mind, then you have a memory/attention span of a slightly retarded bulldog. Just to remind you here are some of the players about whom I have changed my mind for one reason or another: Lee, DJ. Thomas, Maggs, Gordon, Koch, Konerko, Crede, Borchard, Harris, Burly, Wright, Rowand, Loaiza, Joe Mauer....ah the list is too long to list and everything is documented in concrete evidence- my posts on Soxtalk....Whereas I have yet to see you truly change your mind ONCE. So I wouldn't open your hypocritical mouth so quick if I were you, partna?

Nice try baiting me though, Smarmy. Where is your patented insight? Or is that you being all "real" on message boards?

Yeah lets hire Gary Ward back.

Walker has helped our guys a bit, hell it's not like we're only scoring 1 or 2 runs a game for long stretches. We're scoring around 3 to 4 now, which is an improvement.

CWSOX45

Meanwhile Konerko hasn't had an extra base hit in a MONTH.

Grotesque.

I'd say he's problem #1 for the Sox in '03.

You could argue that MB has been, but if you look at it, our biggest problem has been scoring runs. Our team pitching has actually been somewhat decent overall.

In the case of this team, I really think a lot of the blame enlies in the players and a lot of it enlies in the head coach as he isn't doing the little things to make this team better.

This is my opinion from wathcing the games. Who knows what it would be if I knew Manuel and had conversations about him and knew how he handled things on a day to day basis.

I don't think the hitting coach is the problem. I think Ward definately had some flaws, but to blame Walker for the current aspect is ridiculous. It s been stated by Harold Reynolds that its pretty much pointless to fire a hitting coach because the coach needs time to get to know all the players and make changes, etc.

I do like our minor league coaches quite a bit and think that our prospects seem to be much more fundementally sound then their predecessors.

but to blame Walker for the current aspect is ridiculous.

Once again, only slower:

1. Who do you blame? God, Allah, Bud Selig? Let's not be all "it's our fate to lose"-y about it and watch this catastrophe of a team in pathetic trance, k? It's obvious ours hitters are more high-maintanence and streaky than average and they need a radical approach.

2. The whole "problem-solution" thing is the key, especially for a team that is fighting for a must-make playoffs...I'll give you a hint: it starts with "if you aren't part of the solut....."

I am sick and tired watching this Corspeball2003....though Colon certainly didn't help. We are second worst offensive team in the majors or close to it. And the worst team has a pitching ballpark excuse.

In the case of this team, I really think a lot of the  blame enlies in the players and a lot of it enlies in the head coach as he isn't doing the little things to make this team better.

This is my opinion from wathcing the games.  Who knows what it would be if I knew Manuel and had conversations about him and knew how he handled things on a day to day basis.

I don't think the hitting coach is the problem.  I think Ward definately had some flaws, but to blame Walker for the current aspect is ridiculous.  It s been stated by Harold Reynolds that its pretty much pointless to fire a hitting coach because the coach needs time to get to know all the players and make changes, etc. 

I do like our minor league coaches quite a bit and think that our prospects seem to be much more fundementally sound then their predecessors.

Fundamentals seem to be taught solely in the minor leagues. Then, when the prospects get to the majors, it's pretty much up to the players to take charge and either improve upon them, or let them fall by the wayside. There are managers that preach the fundamentals, but they are few-and-far-between it would seem. Take, for example, the Sox today in the FIRST inning. We led off with 4 doubles. Great! But, with a runner at 2nd and 0 outs and Carlos Lee at the plate, why are we not bunting? I mean, I realize it's just the first inning and it's not normally the time to bunt, with the way our offense has been, we HAVE to take advantage of any and all scoring opportunities. But, Carlos swings away, and we go 6 innings without a hit after that, and it effectively lost the game for us.

Same song and dance today. I hope it's a momentary lapse in judgement, and not the beginning of another long dry-spell.

Bring back Von Joshua...

yes, anything, Emma Thompson would be a better alternative...Forgive me for wanting results and f***ing NOW!

The amount of mistakes (forget about pitcher's pitches, we miss those by a foot)Berkett threw which the impotent Sox hitters couldn't drive after first 4 hitters was RIDICULOUS.

Worse than I've ever seen in my almost 5 years following baseball.

There is no point in arguing with you.  You won't change your opinion even if there is proof in front of your face that you are wrong, so I will not waste my time.

Guess we just don't know how to hire coaches eh?

Been sucking ws61382's dick much lately? He is running out of knee-jerk banalities to throw at opponents who have proven him wrong (as I have with regard to DJ and Nolan Ryan among other things)...and so obviously are you.

1. You are completely wrong about past accomplishments of these hitters. They've all been quite capable, certainly MUCH better than they are this year. Mental aspect is also the reposnsibility of a hitting coach....not that their mechanics and inadequate pitch-recognizion aren't an issue, mind you....Are you even watching the game?

2. You are clearly not grasping the said dichoTOmy, I've received no coherent response yet. Quit hiding behind...what exactly is your reason for not replying again?

3. If you don't think I change my mind, then you have a memory/attention span of a slightly retarded bulldog. Just to remind you here are some of the players about whom I have changed my mind for one reason or another: Lee, DJ. Thomas, Maggs, Gordon, Koch, Konerko, Crede, Borchard, Harris, Burly, Wright, Rowand, Loaiza, Joe Mauer....ah the list is too long to list and everything is documented in concrete evidence- my posts on Soxtalk....Whereas I have yet to see you truly change your mind ONCE. So I wouldn't open your hypocritical mouth so quick if I were you, partna?

Nice try baiting me though, Smarmy. Where is your patented insight? Or is that you being all "real" on message boards?

Brando, what is your problem? Why do you personally attack anyone who disagrees with you? You know that you lose respect from other posters with each attack. Why do you assume that your OPINIONS are always right as if the world is centered around you and everything you say is right? You proved nothing in either the DJ or Ryan arguement except that you revert to personal attacks when anyone disagrees with you. What does that say about you? If there is one thing I have learned on the message board it is, when people start using personal attacks they are conceding that they have nothing knowledible to counter the arguement. Hmmmmm. If you truely believe that this message board is about proving someone wrong or that stating your opinions will automaticly make others change their opinions you are solely mistaken and have a few things to learn about people. Once you figure out that your OPINIONS aren't fact or the only point of view on a topic let me know. Until then you will be the laughingstock of this message board. To think that I thought you were a knowledgible poster until your reverted to personal attacks on any poster that disagreed with you. Now thats sad buddy. Grow up.

Blaming the offensive struggles solely on the hitting coach is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Brando, you have topped your yourself again with such a stupid opinion. Once again everyone disagrees with you, but they are all wrong and you are right because you are God and everything you say goes. You are a very angry man and I suggest a little anger management. There is no need to get so worked up over a message board. Ask player and experts and they will tell you that the hitting coach does very little for each hitter. He makes suggestions, but it is up to the player to make those changes. Its not as if Walker and Ward have made all of the hitters change the approach that has brought the hitters sucess in the past. The HITTERS are to blame and it is that simple. Other posters, experts, players, and coaches will tell you this over and over, but you are to near sighted and self centered to see it.

Blaming the offensive struggles solely on the hitting coach is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Brando, you have topped your yourself again with such a stupid opinion. Once again everyone disagrees with you, but they are all wrong and you are right because you are God and everything you say goes. You are a very angry man and I suggest a little anger management. There is no need to get so worked up over a message board. Ask player and experts and they will tell you that the hitting coach does very little for each hitter. He makes suggestions, but it is up to the player to make those changes. Its not as if Walker and Ward have made all of the hitters change the approach that has brought the hitters sucess in the past. The HITTERS are to blame and it is that simple. Other posters, experts, players, and coaches will tell you this over and over, but you are to near sighted and self centered to see it.

What's that I hear?

Oh yes, it's the sweet melodic sound of the voice of reason.

Guys let me give you some insight. I speak from experience, however past experience. He gets off on creating controversy because it entertains him. It causes more responses and its fun to him. He doesnt believe half the s*** he says, hes just saying s*** to get a reaction. When you respond, you fuel his fire. Dont take what someone says over the internet, so seriously.

The HITTERS are to blame and it is that simple

Of course they are, silly. I assumed such obvious conclusion went without saying among the over-10 crowd...

You are underestimating the role of a hitting coach as well discounting past accomplishments of these hitters...And, besides, the hitters aren't fireable. :)