Chris Young

OldSox2

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
Young has all of 2 homers and 9 RBI with a monstrous .259 average this year. How about we let him prove something at the major league level before we start designing his Hall of Fame plaque? ;)

Well it would damn nice if our Dumb Ass Manager ( Bob Stupid ass Melvin) would actually play him a little. Instead he plays washed up has beens and we have fallen to well below .500 As you can tell I hate him and reactionary managing skills the guy is a born loser and shouldn't ever be an MLB manager. He is by far the worst MLB manager now.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 02:19 AM)
Well it would damn nice if our Dumb Ass Manager ( Bob Stupid ass Melvin) would actually play him a little. Instead he plays washed up has beens and we have fallen to well below .500 As you can tell I hate him and reactionary managing skills the guy is a born loser and shouldn't ever be an MLB manager. He is by far the worst MLB manager now.

You got a point there, I have no idea why Young, Quentin, and Stephen Drew (to a lesser extent, he does play more) aren't starting every day. There's no way Eric Byrnes, Jeff DeVanon and Craigh Counsell should be playing over those guys.

It'd still be pretty pre-mature to worry about how great Young is though, you just don't know how he's going to develop yet.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 08:59 AM)
You got a point there, I have no idea why Young, Quentin, and Stephen Drew (to a lesser extent, he does play more) aren't starting every day. There's no way Eric Byrnes, Jeff DeVanon and Craigh Counsell should be playing over those guys.

It'd still be pretty pre-mature to worry about how great Young is though, you just don't know how he's going to develop yet.

Also add Tony .180 hitting Clark and Damien Easyout as well. It is so tough for the young guys to play once every 3 or 4 days and sometimes it is just a pinch hit or run. Next Year they are planning to throw them out together at once. Since The call ups happened July 19th this unit has never played together in a game together now Melvin thinks they should be thrown out there together next year of course it will fail. Why doesn't he play them together or at least get some of them on the field everyday right now to help them learn? It is because Melvin has no clue how to manage a team.