Soxtalk on the Air: Show 25

Heads22

Nice job with the show Mario.

All your assessments on who should and shouldn’t get the blame are pretty spot on.

And I think you brought up some strong and accurate points on Konerko and Thome, and where they lie in the scheme of the 2006 Sox. Their numbers are great, but there’s more than just the numbers to baseball, and they both could have been a lot better.

I’m a bit bias with Crede; however, this has been an incredible season for him. And he’s doing a lot more than he’s ever done for the team for the course of the season; I don’t feel he deserves as much blame as you give him.

I know it’s got to be tough to fly solo on those, but you did a good job. Looking forward to the next one.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)
Nice job with the show Mario.

All your assessments on who should and shouldn’t get the blame are pretty spot on.

And I think you brought up some strong and accurate points on Konerko and Thome, and where they lie in the scheme of the 2006 Sox. Their numbers are great, but there’s more than just the numbers to baseball, and they both could have been a lot better.

I’m a bit bias with Crede; however, this has been an incredible season for him. And he’s doing a lot more than he’s ever done for the team for the course of the season; I don’t feel he deserves as much blame as you give him.

I know it’s got to be tough to fly solo on those, but you did a good job. Looking forward to the next one.

If I were to pick another position player to go with Dye in terms of not getting blamed, it would definitely be Crede. He's batting 6th, 7th in the lineup and has had a remarkable year compared to past years. He's exceeded expectations and has still held his own defensively.

My only prob has been his refusal at times to make an adjustment to that low and outside pitch. I can tolerate a player like Dye going in a slump because you know and see the approach and mindset is still there. He's just a little off, but in cases like Crede, he seems to be trying to do too much with pitches.

Like I said though, of the guys I put blame on, Crede is really low on the list. I may have sounded/been hard on him since I lumped him with Pierzynski, Konerko and Thome, three guys I've been very dissapointed with in either their approach offensively or just flat-out carelessness. Really, all three have lost some of my respect, if that means anything. Not really too fond with their play.

Thanks for the feedback. Definitely tough for me going solo. Hopefully Jason will be back by next show.

I totally understand where you were coming from with Crede. And I'm basically in agreeance. It seems this back injury has taken a toll on Joe these past few weeks, and hopefully he does that minor surgery that is being discussed when the season's over.

It'll be interesting to see where his name ends up in the gold glove talk. It's so funny how that award ties with how well you are at the plate, but it definitely seems true. We heard so much about his defense early on, while he was pounding the ball. And while his offense has tailed off a bit, you don't hear much about his glove, which hasn't missed a beat.