Game Thread - September 20, 2006

AbeFroman

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
I've said this all along, but he reminds me too much of Sean Burroughs right now. Hopefully he drives the ball better than Burroughs did.

Are you saying he will be a bust? Step out, one side of the fence or the other.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 12:52 AM)
Are you saying he will be a bust? Step out, one side of the fence or the other.

Ozzie...I never said he'd be a bust. However, I don't think he's strong enough to be a productive hitter in the majors right now. I think he can become a very good MLB hitter....you'd just like to see him drive the ball with more authority as he matures.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)
Which is just so ungodly stupid...

Every single thing that's been written in the paper over the last two months indicates that Pierre has just as good of a chance being our starting CF next year as does Brian Anderson.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
Ozzie...I never said he'd be a bust. However, I don't think he's strong enough to be a productive hitter in the majors right now. I think he can become a very good MLB hitter....you'd just like to see him drive the ball with more authority as he matures.

I kind of think the Sox rushed Sweeney. Sending him to the Carolina League his first full year is tough for a high schooler. But he did put up decent numbers so I won't really complain.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)

So .... which side of the fence are you on? Sweeney will be a player worth keeping after his arbitration years or he will not?

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
I kind of think the Sox rushed Sweeney. Sending him to the Carolina League his first full year is tough for a high schooler. But he did put up decent numbers so I won't really complain.

He put up good numbers at pretty much every level he went to.

Another year in AAA and he should hopefully be looking really good for '08

QUOTE(Wealz @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
So .... which side of the fence are you on? Sweeney will be a player worth keeping after his arbitration years or he will not?

Yes...mainly because he's so young, he'll be at his peak years by the time his 6 years in the majors are up.