Game Thread - September 20, 2006

AbeFroman

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 01:33 AM)
Get Jon out of there Ozzie. Of course Ozzie has to wait until the pitcher reaches 100 pitches, no matter how well he is doing.

Yep, and he wonders why our pitchers are fatigued and don't have the same velocity as they used to.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Give it a rest. We aren't losing because we let go of Rowand and Frank. Our starting pitching hasn't been there, our leadoff man hasn't done anything, and we have a manager who makes no adjustments.

there are 2 things that i will remember even after i am dead:

1. why did we let wilbur marshall go?

2. why didnt we stay with the WS ballclub at least until around the Allstar break and then gauge improvements?

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 01:35 AM)
there are 2 things that i will remember even after i am dead:

1. why did we let wilbur marshall go?

2. why didnt we stay with the WS ballclub at least until around the Allstar break and then gauge improvements?

#2 is a worthless argument, as we were in a great position at the ASB. 6 games up on the Wild Card is as good as you can ask for, especially since the Tigers were playing such amazing baseball.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
Amen to that! Torii is a winner. Sox fans who say they hate him would have loved him if he were in CF for the Sox this year.

Who said that? I can see somebody on the other site saying that, but I dont really remember anybody here saying it.