Game Thread - September 20, 2006

AbeFroman

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
#2 is a worthless argument, as we were in a great position at the ASB. 6 games up on the Wild Card is as good as you can ask for, especially since the Tigers were playing such amazing baseball.

worthless eh? well what if Frank had the second half in Oakland wearing a Sox uni?

dont ever underestimate the persona that character, attitude, and comradery have on a team! IMO AROW's marked stamp on this club "will to win" is the missing piece to this club in the second half...

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:41 PM)
Who said that? I can see somebody on the other site saying that, but I dont really remember anybody here saying it.

I frequent both sites so I'm not sure if anyone here hates Torii or not, but I know many at the other site do. I was just responding to and agreeing with fathom's post.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
I frequent both sites so I'm not sure if anyone here hates Torii or not, but I know many at the other site do. I was just responding to and agreeing with fathom's post.

Torii would be an upgrade. But I dont know if it would be worth signing him when we have Anderson.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
worthless eh? well what if Frank had the second half in Oakland wearing a Sox uni?

dont ever underestimate the persona that character, attitude, and comradery have on a team! IMO AROW's marked stamp on this club "will to win" is the missing piece to this club in the second half...

Somebody posted Rowand's batting average last august and september, it was around .230-.240. Don't forget his bonehead play game 2 of the WS. We aren't losing because we don't have Rowand.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
Torii would be an upgrade. But I dont know if it would be worth signing him when we have Anderson.

Maybe not if Ozzie would play Anderson the vast majority of the time, but as long as Ozzie felt Mackowiak gave us our best chance to win in CF ove BA, Hunter would have been well worth it instead.

Either way, my point is that Torii is a winner.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:46 PM)
Maybe not if Ozzie would play Anderson the vast majority of the time, but as long as Ozzie felt Mackowiak gave us our best chance to win in CF ove BA, Hunter would have been well worth it instead.

Good point. Twins wouldn't have traded him to us anyway.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
Somebody posted Rowand's batting average last august and september, it was around .230-.240. Don't forget his bonehead play game 2 of the WS. We aren't losing because we don't have Rowand.

That's why people always bring up "intangables" with Rowand because the very definition of the word makes debate impossible.

I get a kick out of how people crap all over Anderson the rook, who has a .231 BA, who started out like crap, and has turned it on. Yet Captain Profundo over at SS, who has a 3 point advantage over BA, who is a vet. Whose BA has dropped year after year gets a free pass from fans and from our goofy manager.

I see the lift and pull offense is in full effect, we score a bunch of runs last night, and now we are struggling to get hits again. This is so 2003/2004 of our offense.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
I get a kick out of how people crap all over Anderson the rook, who has a .231 BA, who started out like crap, and has turned it on. Yet Captain Profundo over at SS, who has a 3 point advantage over BA, who is a vet. Whose BA has dropped year after year gets a free pass from fans and from our goofy manager.

I see the lift and pull offense is in full effect, we score a bunch of runs last night, and now we are struggling to get hits again. This is so 2003/2004 of our offense.

People have been getting on Juan Uribe. Can't say that about the manager though.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)

That right there is why he gets a free pass, the occasional pointless blast into the left field stands is worth a lot in some people's minds.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And IMO you're certifiably insane.

LOL..that was a pretty rude comment...but oh well...

the most misunderstood aspect of this site is that it is ez to hate on here but when we meet wearing the same gear at the park we love each other to death...strange but true...