Seattle @ Sox - Last Ditch Effort

Heads22

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beautox @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
How do you figure? Liriano is out all next season, radke is done.

First, Liriano had two MRIs with no new structural damage. Second, you may notice a Twins team without Liriano and Radke is still kicking our ass in the standings.

Detroits pitching will regress just like ours did this year maybe not nearly as much as we did but there will be regression couple that with the fact that they strike out way to much and thats not a good sign.

This is pie in the sky speculation at best. Speaking of regression, we can look at Jermaine Dye next season. A 37 year old Jim Thome probably won't be as good as the 36 year old Thome, if he even makes it out for 100 games next season. Then there's guys like Crede and Konerko who have statistically had their best seasons in 2006. I think our hitting will regress more than Tigers pitching.

We will be dealing for a posisiton of strength this offseason and LF should come for our farm, SS and the BP needs to be addressed other than that. I don't see alot that needs to be addressed with this team.

First and foremost, our starting pitching sucks. I have no idea how that is not an area of need in your mind.

It seems as if you're implying this same Sox team with slight tweaks could overtake the Twins and Tigers because of those teams regressing?

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
put pods in CF...dont you think he couldve adjusted the easiest? or perhaps let one of the minor league prospects? what is the difference between BA and a prospect anyway? not much.

wow

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
Minny is going to be around all year, but I dont buy the Tigers coming into next season. Unless they make some pretty significant changes to that lineup, it doesnt scare anyone, and its getting older.

I agree their Tigers lineup isn't that great. But it's comparable to White Sox pitching. And I don't think their pitching will suffer as much as our hitting next season.

I think we do have more money to spend, though, so maybe we can buy some good offensive players to ensure our hitting staying at a comparable level.

First, Liriano had two MRIs with no new structural damage. Second, you may notice a Twins team without Liriano and Radke is still kicking our ass in the standings.

I wouldn't say kicking our ass, our team has underachied all season, when we hit we didn't pitch and when we pitched we didn't hit. A team with Liriano + Radke is a better team.

This is pie in the sky speculation at best. Speaking of regression, we can look at Jermaine Dye next season. A 37 year old Jim Thome probably won't be as good as the 36 year old Thome, if he even makes it out for 100 games next season. Then there's guys like Crede and Konerko who have statistically had their best seasons in 2006. I think our hitting will regress more than Tigers pitching.

First and foremost, our starting pitching sucks. I have no idea how that is not an area of need in your mind.

Pie in the sky? come on be realistic they will regress, thats not pie in the sky thats years of historical data. True Dye + Thome will most likely not be as good, and yes Crede is having a break out year at 28 but it looks like he has finally turned the corner, and the fact that Konerko has both Jim Thome and JD infront of him added to that, what we will most likely loose form JD and Thome, will be sustained(hopefully) by our 1-8-9 hitters. Our pitching doesn't "suck" as of late they've been amazing and threw the course of the second half Javy & Garland have been amazing. MB is having a career worst year, Garica has obviously lost some mph that might come back, Jose is old and a injury risk, but lest we forget the begining of the season when he was on before his injury? and McCarthy has been misused all season and hasn't had a feel for his change or curve, i think next season he can give us league avg ERA, with the possiblity of much more.

It seems as if you're implying this same Sox team with slight tweaks could overtake the Twins and Tigers because of those teams regressing?

I am our pitching staff as a hole is having a career worst year, and even though our offense from certain members might not produce at the same level i would think a new SS and LF would contribue more than our current players have.

Edited by beautox

Come on. now i just want to see the youngsters. put haeger in

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
how could we possibly get worse production out of CF than what we already experienced?

HES TALKING ABOUT DEFENSE. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT KIND OF DEFENSE PODS PLAYS!!!!!! IN CF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually i would rather see pods catch. aj in center. uribe in right. crede at first. pk in left. iguchi pitching. ozzie at third. cora at short. and harold as the dh. man su at second.

what would really be the difference at this point? at least then i would get a kick outta watching the team play.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HES TALKING ABOUT DEFENSE. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT KIND OF DEFENSE PODS PLAYS!!!!!! IN CF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

well if you dont know already...i wouldve cut my nuts off before trading Arow...

somebody remind me what was the reason that the Soriano deal didnt get done?

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
well if you dont know already...i wouldve cut my nuts off before trading Arow...

somebody remind me what was the reason that the Soriano deal didnt get done?

The front office likes BMac and Broadway.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The front office likes BMac and Broadway.

interesting....Nationals selected Ryan Zimmerman 5th in the draft so Broadway must not have meant that much to Wash. i wonder if we ever shopped pods & bmac for soriano?

in other words KW killed the deal that was supposedly imminent?

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
interesting....Nationals selected Ryan Zimmerman 5th in the draft so Broadway must not have meant that much to Wash. i wonder if we ever shopped pods & bmac for soriano?

They selected him over Matt Garza too. I'm sure they wouldn't want him either.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 02:10 AM)

The deal was never close to being completed. Jim Bowden basically used his friendship with Kjurkijan (no clue how to spell his last name) in order to try and create a bidding war for Soriano. The Sox were never going to trade for Soriano, and then lose him after 2 months. We won't be able to afford his 4-60 million dollar deal he'll get after this year (watch the Cubs try to get him to play 2B).

Remember when people said that Contreras throwing from the side wasn't done in order to alleviate the pressure on his back? Just look at how much more sidearm Hermanson is pitching this year with his bad back.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The deal was never close to being completed. Jim Bowden basically used his friendship with Kjurkijan (no clue how to spell his last name) in order to try and create a bidding war for Soriano. The Sox were never going to trade for Soriano, and then lose him after 2 months. We won't be able to afford his 4-60 million dollar deal he'll get after this year (watch the Cubs try to get him to play 2B).

Remember when people said that Contreras throwing from the side wasn't done in order to alleviate the pressure on his back? Just look at how much more sidearm Hermanson is pitching this year with his bad back.

gotcha...thx!