Gamethread, White Sox vs. Mariners

BearSox

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 11:16 AM)
I think this game is on WGN today so I'll be watching. See you on the television

Yes it is, so that means Hi-Def for me! I hate comcast how they won't show HiDef for directv. Bears in HiDef, Sox in HiDef, this is hopefully going to be a good day.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 06:47 PM)
At what point do we actually get to see the kids play for the rest of the season. I dont need to see Pods again, ever.

Lets see what Fields and Sweeney can do.

Ozzie has already said he'll play the regular starters the rest of the year, as they have salary bonuses to still play for.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 01:53 PM)
Ozzie has already said he'll play the regular starters the rest of the year, as they have salary bonuses to still play for.

So he's talking out of both sides of his mouth again as it appears the player's personal stats are more important than the development of young players. It was funny to read this morning that Ozzie said he won't be watching the playoffs because he'll be jealous of the teams still playing. Didn't he just go off on Magglio because Magglio was quoted as saying the Sox would be jealous if Detroit was in the playoffs and the Sox were at home?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
So he's talking out of both sides of his mouth again as it appears the player's personal stats are more important than the development of young players. It was funny to read this morning that Ozzie said he won't be watching the playoffs because he'll be jealous of the teams still playing. Didn't he just go off on Magglio because Magglio was quoted as saying the Sox would be jealous if Detroit was in the playoffs and the Sox were at home?

Yep....he's an idiot. He's extremely hypocritical with everything he says.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)

I think Ozzie got mad at that quote because it was relayed to him as Ozzie is jealous of Mags, but with nothing to do with playoffs. They actually talk it over before one of the games once Ozzie found out that a reporter changed the quote.

Ah man, here comes the inning ending GIDP

The Tigers are about to clinch a playoff berth. A great season for them.

It is kinda gay because it should be us about to clinch a playoff birth. Most of this second half has just been brutal.