Victor Martinez C .315
Ryan Garko 1B .291
Shin-Soo Choo RF .277
Casey Blake DH .283
Joe Inglett 2B .287
Jhonny Peralta SS .253
Andy Marte 3B .222
  Cliff Lee P (12-11, 4.58)

Umpires: HP: Kerwin Danley. 1B: Tim Welke. 2B: Gary Cederstrom. 3B: Jim Reynolds.

So, if my math is right, if we win 2 of 3 in CLE, then MIN needs to lose 3 of 4 to KC for us to be alive going into MIN. Alternately, if we sweep CLE, and MIN goes 2 of 4 or worse, then we go to MIN mathematically in it.

I know, its basically over. But that won't stop me from rooting for my team. Let's sweep 'em!!!

GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!

:gosox1:

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
So, if my math is right, if we win 2 of 3 in CLE, then MIN needs to lose 3 of 4 to KC for us to be alive going into MIN. Alternately, if we sweep CLE, and MIN goes 2 of 4 or worse, then we go to MIN mathematically in it.

I know, its basically over. But that won't stop me from rooting for my team. Let's sweep 'em!!!

GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!

:gosox1:

Your math is incorrect ;)

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 06:01 PM)
Boring line-up.

Oh come on now. These lineups include a guy with a hyphenated first name, a guy who can't spell Johnny, a guy who never goes by his actual name (initials only), a guy referred to once as "three gorilla strong", and players from at least 6 different countries (including 2 different Asian nations). I think that's pretty interesting.

:P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
Your math is incorrect ;)

Crap. You're right. They need to sweep and have MIN lose 3 of 4, don't they?

:chair

Why are they screwing around with Crede and Dye?

Seasons over. Let them rest.

And I hope today goes 15 innings so Podsednik gets another few AB's. Get that incentive clause based on plate appearnces out of the way. Maybe we'll have one less game of watching his ass.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)
Oh come on now. These lineups include a guy with a hyphenated first name, a guy who can't spell Johnny, a guy who never goes by his actual name (initials only), a guy referred to once as "three gorilla strong", and players from at least 6 different countries (including 2 different Asian nations). I think that's pretty interesting.

:P

Crap. You're right. They need to sweep and have MIN lose 3 of 4, don't they?

:chair

Yessir.

LOL at fan yelling "HE GONE" while Konerko grounded into an inning-ending DP.

When did Pierzynski become a woman at the plate?

I swear, he seems to drop or misplay more throws to homeplate than any opposing catcher I've witnessed this season.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)

I swear, he seems to drop or misplay more throws to homeplate than any opposing catcher I've witnessed this season.

Also seems to mishandle the majority of pitches received during steal attempts.

I love what AJ brings to the Sox, but a defensive wizard he ain't.

A smart move would be to sign Greg Zaun in the offseason, and just platoon them. Maybe have Zaun be Buehrle or someone's personal catcher and face all lefties.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 06:10 PM)
In or out of the playoffs, leaving Garland in the game to give up 12 earned runs is absolutely inexcusable.

screw that. He's paid handsomely to pitch.

Sometime in late June this team took a weird turn and just never ever got it back on track.

There will be a lot of people blaming this or that, but this was a team effort, from KW on down. I'm not mad, just disappointed. If you would've told me that 2 guys would hit over 40 dingers, two would hit over 30, I would've thought we were a lock. I still can't believe the Sox pitched so bad for so long.