The Office

Kyyle23

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I read about it and remember it, there was some good stuff in this episode. While I still don't think it was as good as the past few episodes, it was solid nonetheless. I think I will just have to watch it again tonight!

Also, I agree with those that feel the whole Dwight thing was over too quickly. I thought they could have stretched his return and Andy's "demise" longer and written some truly great stuff in that time.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 19, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)
The more I read about it and remember it, there was some good stuff in this episode. While I still don't think it was as good as the past few episodes, it was solid nonetheless. I think I will just have to watch it again tonight!

Also, I agree with those that feel the whole Dwight thing was over too quickly. I thought they could have stretched his return and Andy's "demise" longer and written some truly great stuff in that time.

I have a feeling Andy will still be around and spin out more.

This show is great IMO. The way they are handling the Pam/Jim thing is subtle and done well. I'm so lame that I have to TiVO the show so I don't have to be annoyed by commercials!

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
I have a feeling Andy will still be around and spin out more.

This show is great IMO. The way they are handling the Pam/Jim thing is subtle and done well. I'm so lame that I have to TiVO the show so I don't have to be annoyed by commercials!

I do the same. I don't watch it live because I want to be able to completely focus on it.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 18, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
Sort of a downer episode this week. I dont think I have seen Michael that subdued in an episode ever. Im happy Dwight is back, but I am kind of surprised they didnt drag it out a little longer.

Messing with Andy was funny, I liked the phone trick.

I liked Dwights moments at Staples too, "If you need anything, I will literally be right here".

I don't know, I like Michael best when he's not so totally off the wall, frankly it gets a little unbelievable, and you get those "there's no WAY he wouldn't be fired" moments. It's the moments that are quietly funny and horribly uncomfortable that Michael's the best in, IMO.

QUOTE(BMac Attack @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 06:39 PM)
I don't know, I like Michael best when he's not so totally off the wall, frankly it gets a little unbelievable, and you get those "there's no WAY he wouldn't be fired" moments. It's the moments that are quietly funny and horribly uncomfortable that Michael's the best in, IMO.

Agreed

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
If that wasn't the best episode of the season, its right up there.

Ryan Howard:

Hi.

Hi.

Hi.

:lolhitting

Great sig... according to my TiVO they're showing an hour block of The Office at 9 central, where ER usually is. One of them looks to be the one where Dwight "trains" Ryan, and that's the one with Dwight's bro in the beet farm barn.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 08:25 AM)
Great sig... according to my TiVO they're showing an hour block of The Office at 9 central, where ER usually is. One of them looks to be the one where Dwight "trains" Ryan, and that's the one with Dwight's bro in the beet farm barn.

I think its his cousin. And thats one of the better episodes, Dwight tries to make it a fraternity hazing/initiation.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
So no new epi tonight..? :huh

Nopers just 3 re-runs.

Non-sequitor:

According to the Trib's tv reviewer's blog, Andy WILL be returning to the show, though not until after Feb.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 03:41 PM)
Nopers just 3 re-runs.

Non-sequitor:

According to the Trib's tv reviewer's blog, Andy WILL be returning to the show, though not until after Feb.

Damn. But at least I'll get some things done and get packed for the weekend and not miss anything good.

Couple things to know...

Tonight's episode:

BEN FRANKLIN

8:30/7:30c | TV14

Michael enlists the help of Todd Packer when planning Phyllis' wedding shower.

Helms gets promotion at "Office"

By Kimberly Nordyke

Ed Helms is becoming a permanent fixture around "The Office." The actor, who has had a recurring role on the NBC comedy series, has been upped to a regular.

Helms joined the cast at the beginning of this season as Andy Bernard, an employee of paper supply company Dunder-Mifflin's now-defunct Stamford, Conn., office. Bernard and Karen Filippelli (Rashida Jones) have since been transferred to the Scranton, Pa., branch, where the series is set. Jones continues as a recurring character on the show.

Helms was a senior correspondent for five years on Comedy Central's "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart," where he worked alongside "Office" star Steve Carell. Helms will appear alongside Carell in the feature film "Evan Almighty."

In addition, Helms has a role in the upcoming sequel to "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

I had the unfortunate problem of only being able to see up until Pam and Jim met each other in the break room for an awkward talk about Jim's sleeping habits. Then I had to leave and do some errands I was avoiding. Creed eating the steak like a wildman was hilarious, as was Michael bragging about how his wedding will be much more awesome than Phyllis' wedding.

"This isnt the same grill that you burned your foot on, is it?"

"No.......yes it is. "

:lol:

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 08:17 AM)
I thought the best part was the shot of Ryan and Michael in the sex shop, with Ryan turning to the camera saying "He hasn't even said anything, he is just giggling."

Yah, that was hysterical. I especially liked that they blurred almost everything behind them. I don't know why I found that funny, but I did.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 08:54 AM)
Yah, that was hysterical. I especially liked that they blurred almost everything behind them. I don't know why I found that funny, but I did.

I said the exact same thing to my wife. I wonder if the Season 3 DVD will blur all that stuff out too?

Great episode, the last few have been really good. This one was a little bit off the wall, but the Franklin character cracked me up. Doesn't it seem like all the ever do now is have parties, though? I mean, seriously, it's a party every week, you wonder if they ever do any work.