Buehrle Hit With Line Drive On Japan Tour

aboz56

11/11/2002 07:36 am ET

MLB stars lose again in Japan, 8-2

By Barry M. Bloom / MLB.com

Mark Buerhle was knocked out of the game by a Hideki Matsui line drive. Then the Major Baseball All-Stars were KO'd for the second straight night by their Japanese counterparts.

The slugger nicknamed "Godzilla" stunned Buerhle during a four-run fourth inning Monday night. Although the Chicago White Sox right-hander flicked his glove up and ducked his head, he took the shot off the top of his left shoulder and immediately left a game Japan won 8-2 in the Fukuoka Dome. The play went as an infield single.

"It's just sore. It's a bruise," said Buerhle, who has a bruised left shoulder and may pitch again in his spot Saturday, the next to last game of the series. "It feels like some one punched me in the shoulder. I saw it coming back at me and just tried to get out of the way. I think I just turned my shoulder at it."

-------------------------------------

Remind me again why he is playing over there. If he gets seriously injured, I am going to be extremely pissed.

the sox preferred that he wouldn't go, but Buehrle went. he didn't finish the season hurt and more or less went for fun.

once again, he won't be pitching many innings, probably 7 or 8, but s*** that happened yesterday is the concern.

when you have an ACE pitcher who is throwing 200+ innings, he should take part in no offseason leagues.

I don't think our best pitcher whose thrown all those innings should even go near Japan to pitch. He can go ahead and tour it, but the heck with pitching. You've thrown enough Mark, shut it down.

I posted this a couple weeks back and I stick to my point.

Whatever happens, he better not take the mound again.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ya know if heather had not said anything in the first place about mark going to japan this probably wouldnt have happened........heather girl you jinxed him......so if something is seriously wrong with him this upcoming season its all your fault..........:P lol

Guest hotsoxchick1

they showed him on the news on fox sports ... (those little news clips they do) and it sure looked like the left shoulder from that vantage point.......they also reported it that way............i wasnt there in person so i couldnt tell ya for sure though.......lol

Originally posted by Mike South24
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Ya I noticed that great quote when I was reading through it.

I just hate ripping them cause I know I am prone to make mistakes like that, lol.

Spelling is one thing, this guy didnt know who he was talking about. I'm willing to bet he was hit in the right shoulder.

They have a problem distinguishing between the reft and right shourders in Japan :D