Joe Mauer DH .346
Michael Cuddyer RF .282
Justin Morneau 1B .321
Torii Hunter CF .278
Rondell White LF .246
Mike Redmond C .349
Jason Bartlett SS .307
  Carlos Silva P (10-15, 6.07)

Yea!!! We got a run in the first..................................................................

How come there are so many sox fans who call the realists and slightly negative fans on this board "bandwagon", but on the last day of the season there isn't even any posts in the gamethread?

The irony is delicious.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
Yea!!! We got a run in the first..................................................................

How come there are so many sox fans who call the realists and slightly negative fans on this board "bandwagon", but on the last day of the season there isn't even any posts in the gamethread?

The irony is delicious.

Doesn't mean we/they aren't watching the game. Also a lot of MEANINGFUL football games going on.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
Doesn't mean we/they aren't watching the game. Also a lot of MEANINGFUL football games going on.

None of which are involving our home team. Sorry, I really can't stand message board charlatans. My opinion is not going to change.

the reason that I stopped posting is because even though I still root for the team, this season was one of the worst in recent memory, just thank god we won last year so this is easier to swallow along with the bears and bulls being good

but normally in a season you are either rooting for them to finish .500 or to make the playoffs

we got over .500 easily, but then fell out of contention so there was nothing to watch for these last couple weeks

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
the reason that I stopped posting is because even though I still root for the team, this season was one of the worst in recent memory, just thank god we won last year so this is easier to swallow along with the bears and bulls being good

but normally in a season you are either rooting for them to finish .500 or to make the playoffs

we got over .500 easily, but then fell out of contention so there was nothing to watch for these last couple weeks

I completely agree with you. I'm watching today because I've enjoyed watching the rookies play, and because I havent been able to watch a lot of games lately because of my new job.

Vazquez on his way to capping off his disappointing season. Also, is anyone else disturbed that Anderson looks as the bad at the plate right now as he did to start the year? I know he improved for a few months, but he's given Ozzie no reason lately for him to favor him going into next season. Anderson has no one to blame but himself if KW goes out and acquires a new CF this offseason.

Edited by fathom

Vazguez has had a poor season. I'll bet he'll be glad when this game is over. The final game of the season for us. I'll be in withdrawl without the White Sox from now till spring training.

Here to a much improved team in 2007.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 02:00 PM)
None of which are involving our home team. Sorry, I really can't stand message board charlatans. My opinion is not going to change.

Didn't realize how much you posted on a message board decided how good or big of a fan you are.

Was Cintron running with s*** in his pants?

Talk about a slow developing double play. Reyes took his time; Barlett held onto the ball for a good two seconds, and even with AJ's rather pathetic takeout attempt Cintron STILL didn't make it close.

------------------------

Haeger's 85mph fastball must look 95 to hitters sittong on his knuckleball.

And he throws to second base........

Good lord. It seems the differences between our minor leaguers and Twins are more apparent everyday. You'd never see Neshek make that throw.

5-1. Unfortunately with the fastball, it's too obvious he'll resort to throwing it behind in the count with two men on base.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)

The irony is delicious.

Just because you don't watch the most underachieving SOx team ever on the last day of the season after they are eliminated doesn't make you a bandwagon fan. Why should I support a bad team? Cubs fans need to learn from Sox fans.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
Do we teach our players to not protect at the plate? Both Fields and Sweeney have looked like statues today watching the called 3rd strike.

So did Thome, have we not taught him how to hit either?

97 mph gas followed by a high 80's slider is hard to hit and hard to see. Come on man, sometimes the pitcher beats you.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
Vazquez on his way to capping off his disappointing season. Also, is anyone else disturbed that Anderson looks as the bad at the plate right now as he did to start the year? I know he improved for a few months, but he's given Ozzie no reason lately for him to favor him going into next season. Anderson has no one to blame but himself if KW goes out and acquires a new CF this offseason.

Yeah, Brian has had a bunch of AWFUL at-bats late in the year.

He still deserves another look, I think, but I hope he does winter ball this year to work on his strike zone.

He's still waving at the 2-strike 59-footer way too much.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
So did Thome, have we not taught him how to hit either?

97 mph gas followed by a high 80's slider is hard to hit and hard to see. Come on man, sometimes the pitcher beats you.

I guess I'm just disappointed that Josh Fields looks like he can't touch a good fastball. I've heard awful reports regarding him in the minors, and they seem to be justified so far. The only positive about Fields is that when he does hit it, the ball jumps off of his bat. That's my biggest concern with Sweeney so far.

Anderson's final AB was quite fitting.

See this bullpen for Minnesota -- Reyes/Rincon/Crian/Nathan -- we can't even touch it.

I'm not even going to go into the differences between the rotations. Boof Bonser would be our ace.

JESUS CHRIST. I don't understand how Minnesota's pitchers throw straight 95 mph fastballs and it's almost as if they're the most devasting pitchers on the planet. Whereas Thornton throws 97, Jenks 97 and the pitches are continually fouled off. Another noteable difference between the clubs -- shortening up swings against pitchers with good fastballs. We seem to be swinging freely during every count.

Wow, Anderson is embarrassing to watch. He's really become pathetic.